1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to destroy America.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Got this in my inbox the other day, thought provoking to say the least.

Wildkow

Think something like this isn't happening? Scary. It is happening as you read this.....

We know Dick Lamm as the former Governor of Colorado. In that context his thoughts are particularly poignant. Last week (actual date uncertain from post) there was an immigration overpopulation conference in Washington, DC, filled to capacity by many of American's finest minds and leaders. A brilliant college professor by the name of Victor Hansen Davis talked about his latest book, "Mexifornia," explaining how immigration - both legal and illegal - was destroying the entire state of California. He said it would march across the country until it destroyed all vestiges of The American Dream

Moments later, former Colorado Governor Richard D. Lamm stood up and gave a stunning speech on how to destroy America. The audience sat spellbound as he described eight methods for the destruction of the United States.

He said, *"If you believe that America is too smug, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and fall and that, 'An autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.' "

*Here is how they do it," Lamm said:

"*First*, to destroy America, turn America into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country." History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. The historical scholar, Seymour Lipset, put it this way, "The histories of bilingual and bi-cultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy." Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, and Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.".

Lamm went on:

*Second*, "To destroy America, invent 'multiculturalism' and encourage immigrants to maintain their culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal. That there are no cultural differences. I would make it an article of faith that the Black and Hispanic dropout rates are due solely to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out of bounds."

*Third,* "We could make the United States an 'Hispanic Quebec' without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. As Benjamin Schwarz said in the Atlantic Monthly recently: 'The apparent success of our own multiethnic and multicultural experiment might have been achieved not by tolerance but by hegemony. Without the dominance that once dictated ethnocentricity and what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together.' Lamm said, "I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural subgroups living in America enforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities."

*Fourth*, "I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50% dropout rate from high school"

"My* fifth* point for destroying America would be to get big foundations and business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of 'Victimology.' I would get all minorities to think that their lack of success was the fault of the majority I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population."

"My *sixth* plan for America's downfall would include dual citizenship, and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity over unity. I would stress differences rather than similarities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other. A diverse, peaceful, or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together. Look at the ancient Greeks. The Greeks believed that they belonged to the same race; they possessed a common language and literature; and they worshipped the same gods. All Greece took part in the Olympic games. A common enemy, Persia, threatened their liberty. Yet all these bonds were not strong enough to overcome two factors: local patriotism and geographical conditions that nurtured political divisions. Greece fell. "E. Pluribus Unum" -- from many, one. In that historical reality, if we put the emphasis on the 'pluribus' instead of the 'Unum,' we will balkanize America as surely as Kosovo."

"*Next to last*, I would place all subjects off limits; make it taboo to talk about anything against the cult of 'diversity.' I would find a word similar to 'heretic' in the 16th century - that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like 'racist' or xenophobe' halt discussion and debate. Having made America a bilingual/bicultural country, having established multi-culturism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of 'Victimology,' I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra: That because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good. I would make every individual immigrant symmetric and ignore the cumulative impact of millions of them."

In the last minute of his speech, Governor Lamm wiped his brow. Profound silence followed. Finally he said, "*Lastly*, I would censor Victor Hanson Davis's book 'Mexifornia'. His book is dangerous. It exposes the plan to destroy America. If you feel America deserves to be destroyed, don't read that book.".

There was no applause. A chilling fear quietly rose like an ominous cloud above every attendee at the conference. Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today. Discussion is being suppressed. Over 100 languages are ripping the foundation of our educational system and national cohesiveness. Barbaric cultures that practice female genital mutilation are growing as we celebrate 'diversity'. American jobs are vanishing into the Third World as corporations create a Third World in America - take note of California and other states - to date, ten million illegal aliens and growing fast. It is reminiscent of George Orwell's book "1984." In that story, three slogans are engraved in the Ministry of Truth Building: "War is peace", "Freedom is slavery", and "Ignorance is strength."

Governor Lamm walked back to his seat. It dawned on everyone at the conference that our nation and the future of this great democracy is deeply in trouble and worsening fast. If we don't get this immigration monster stopped within three years, it will rage like a California wildfire and destroy everything in its path, especially "The American Dream".

Thought provoking?

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  3. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No it is not thought provoking. It is just a bunch of whining.

4. cdavid

cdavid Member

There's validity in his arguments. I think this country's direction is unalterable. These arguments and the financial irresponsibility of our goverment and our people will make this nation very different in a hundred years.

5. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope, just a thinly disguised reprint of right-wing propoganda.

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In addition to the forces talked about above there are many more forces on our collective plates. People usually are positive creatures. But the mismanagement of recent history I believe will take their toll. In addition we now have the instant sharing of all sides of issues at the media level as well as our beliefs here as individuals. But collectively the signs of concensus are being eroded. This is yet another example of how it is being done. Very interesting reading.

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

this is from 2004

8. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Awfully quick to dismiss it aren't you? This country has nothing to unify it, nothing that makes everyone stand together and put aside their differences long enough to make a difference. Look at 9/11. We were unified, sort of, for all of what, a couple of days? Don't dismiss this without thinking about it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it whining or right-wing propaganda. The fact that we're in so much trouble as it is should be enough to let you see that lack of a cohesive populace could very well be what would make it so easy for unforseen events to push us over the edge.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I'm not that big on world history. How long *has* Switzerland been bilingual? Boy, they sure seem to be on the road to oblivion and desolution.

Multicultural. Well, the Jews seemed to have kept their culture through 2,000 years and in the end we have Israel.

As for the new "heretic", I'd say the word "Liberal" seems to be used as a substitute these days.

At first I thought this thread might be a poll or something. I was going to reply "How to destroy America?.....Continue to vote Republican."

Instead I'll just say.....

Here's the book....

And here's the speech.

10. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No nation stands forever.

I'd like to think that our best ideals --- the genius upon which we were founded -- will endure in some form in what comes after us. I'd like to think that when America is gone, whether that is in 50 years or a thousand years, a better nation will have risen to take our place.

11. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    way to blame all our social problems on "outsiders" huh?

we're destroying ourselves just fine without any outside help. compared to the rate of self-destruction america is managing, immigrants are like a drop in the bucket. an insignificant problem in comparison to everything else that's going on.

war in iraq
    inner city wars/gang violence
    single parents with no support and 3 jobs barely scraping by
    rising costs of education
    falling government support for education
    ever-rising educational standards for any job other than burger flipping
    health care
    unemployment
    minimum wage
    tax rates
    drug trafficking
    the large percent of our population in prisons
    misaligned priorities (CEOs make billions, teachers make less than my survival-wage graduate stipend)
    pollution
    oil dependence
    no interest in innovation
    no interest in science
    directing all public interest funds to oil interest (ahem, war) funds
    religion running the government (or is that religion justifying the government's every clumsy step?)
    selective censorship
    biased press
    violence in movies and games are suddenly acceptable
    see above, replace violence with sex
    i could go on but i figure that's enough of a list to draw plenty of fire. but before you load up, know this is just my opinion, after all.

12. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Without worrying about what "wing" is involved just look around. Here in S. FL many of the best jobs require a person who speaks Spanish or Creole. I f you only speak english-sorry no job. In 1965 our immigration laws were reversed. They had read 90% Caucasion- 10% other. Since that year they read 90% non white, 10% Caucasion.

Do you doubt that American citizens are paying incredible amounts of money for illegal aliens to attend public schools? Do you doubt that we are paying millions of $$ for illegals to get health care? I see it all here in S FL as this state has an enormous foreign population.

I think it's time to stop all immigration. Every American citizen should have a decent full time job with benefits. They also should have access to good health care without having an insurance card.

It's time to stop exporting many of our jobs. Too many Americans are losing their pension plans, health care, matching 401K $$, etc. I don't know how large corporation heads can sleep at night knowing they're putting loyal workers on the unemployment line.

Why should any foreigner be allowed to come here and take jobs from American born citizens? Why do illegals get free health care? Why do illegals crowd our schools without paying property taxes?

I think it's time to take care of Americans first. Before some of you crucify me think about this. I have 2 part time jobs. Both are per diem-no guaranteed hours. Neither have any benefits. It sucks! Did I ask for this? Of course not. Can I do better? It would be nice. I have nothing personal against anyone, but when I see non citizens taking good jobs that I might have gotten on my merits I'm unhappy.

Prejudice? No. Disappointed? Very-in our govt. It seems obvious that all our elected officials care about are large voting blocs and their rich friends & corporations. Who thinks we need a Democrat in 2008? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

13. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "A Day WIthout A Mexican"

14. bluejay

bluejay New Member

No one is illegal--undocumentated workers, who risk theirs lives to come here because NAFTA, IMO and International Agribusiness have devastated their economies. What an honor to come to a country that is completely hostile towards you to pick blueberries and cotton. There's plenty of service jobs available to anyone willing to be paid minimum wage or below.

Sounds prejudice and classist to me. Everyone without wealth is struggling, not just you--blame the source, not people just like you, trying to survive.

I'd like to know what jobs you unable to get because non-citizens are taking them.
    P.S. Mexicans are Americans.

15. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    so you're jealous of the guy who cleans office buildings overnight for minimum wage?
    or the woman who spends her days in the fields, getting sprayed with pesticides, picking berries for a couple bucks a bucket?
    or the guy who washes dishes at the restaurant for cash under the table, ten bucks a night?
    oh, i know. you wanted to clean restaurant grease hoods by standing on icy rooftops all winter and risk your life nightly to have money for food.
    you applied for those jobs and were denied?
    you really wanted those jobs in the first place?
    trust me, if you were competing with the immigrants, you would not be in front of your computer, typing away in relative comfort.

immigrants supply the completely unskilled labor in this country. if you have any "merit" at all (a high school diploma will suffice), you will be denied for those jobs because you're OVERQUALIFIED.

16. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

You know what I like to call it?

The liberal influence.

Although I don't agree with many of his points...

Slowly, and surely, eroding America, such that one day, I wouldn't be surprised if we were simply invaded because the 4th President from now, waited around for absolute "proof" of such invasion before acting.

The irrational left wing contingency sickens me. Their ill-logic and way of thinking does more damage than any of our "enemies" could ever inflict. If there was ever a case for selective 1st Amendment rights, this would be it.

I hate to say it, but maybe the U.S. should have been left divided, and spared the lives of hundreds of thousands people.

17. bluejay

bluejay New Member

First, I find the article to be offensive with a hint of facist ideology.

Secondly, I would not participate in unifiying to devalue another group of people--scary and we've been there plenty of times.

Lastly, a cohesive populace isn't the problem. It is the inability to redefine our values to include the inherent and growing diversity of this country. Our inabilty to adapt, along with strongly held predjudices will bring about the decline of America, while the money pigs go rape and destroy someplace else.--Your government doesn't care about you, unless you don't pay your taxes

18. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, if anything destroys this country it is being rude. I always said that the one thing that could solve all the world's problems would be courtesy and politeness.

It's rude to steal.

It's rude to kill.

Enron executives were extremely rude.

Tom de Lay is rude.

War is rude.

19. slortz

slortz New Member

"Every American in that room knew that everything Lamm enumerated was proceeding methodically, quietly, darkly, yet pervasively across the United States today"--this is the kind of outrageous self-affirming statement that makes the whole thing reek of propaganda. :rolleyes:

To me, this guy is speaking out against the very thing that made and makes America great. His attitude is like the Butcher character's from Gangs of New York movie only in this case he is against Mexicans instead of the Irish.

Yes, look at history and China's example. When they recognized themselves as the greatest empire on earth what did they do? They tried to isolate themselves from the useless, uneducated, uncivilized barbarians in the rest of the world. Up goes one of history's monumental failures, the Great Wall of China. During this period, the rest of the world interacted and developed, be it by trade, expansion, or war (not that these were all admirable forms of interaction) and China stagnated.

I've always believed that America's success has lied in it's acceptance of people from all over the world. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me..." except not the Mexicans now is what this guy is saying. I wonder if he has a problem with the influx of cultural diversity with all of the scientists and engineers coming to America from India and Germany?

Existing Americans should meet the challenge of bringing in newly immigrated peoples' with an attitude of acceptance, not rejection. Adapt, innovate, apply good old American can-do attitude with good old American ingenuity!--and yes, so what if there is some sacrifice to be made, we are still the richest, fattest, freaking country on the planet!
    We've handled influxes of immigrants in the past and in the short-term it may have been painful to some but in the long-term it has made us stronger. How is it that people forget that at some point their ancestors (unless you're Native American) immigrated to the U.S? Since when has the American answer to a problem been, "Keep them the hell out out of here!"?

20. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Say what you want. Opinions vary. To those that think we need more aliens in this country I say the following: 1) How much money did you make last year? 2) Did you live on or near minimum wage last year? 3) Do you have a Bachelor's degree & are 3 courses shy of a Master's? 4) Do you even have to worry about money?

Liberals all have 1 thing in common- They always try to crucify people that don't agree with their ideas. I feel that as I was born here I should at least have gainful employment. I have 2 college degrees. I am not greedy. But, how many of you would like to have a per diem job with no set hours or benefits?

Let me guess-most of you have plenty of $$ and feel obligated to help anyone who wants to come here from a 3rd world country. I keep hearing your BS about being jealous. I wanted to become a teacher to give back to our youths. My degrees are in Marketing and Organizational Management. I applied 3 years ago to teach business education. Budget cuts forced the district to cut almost 80% of those teaching positions. I worked for that entire year as a sub teacher hoping to get a position next year. Next year came. No business education positions would be avaiable. Summer came and went. Sub teachers are routinely denied unemployment comp by some bulls--t state statute.

Last August school started. I had studied for 4 months to get certified in Special Education. No problem. I passed the test & got certified. We are now in Feb. and still no full time position. It comes down to one issue. The principals want teachers with at least 1 full year as a permanent teacher. Being a sub teacher counts for nothing to them. It's a rotten job with terrible pay. But, I have to eat and pay bills so I'm still there. How does one get experience when one can't get hired?

I have been denied at least 3 good full time jobs only because I am not bi-lingual. You want to attack me because I don't want any more foreigners moving here? You must love George W. He thinks just like you. There are many foreigners that are highly educated and don't do menial jobs.

Unlike some of you I have done all those low end jobs you mentioned in my younger years. That's why I now have 2 college degrees and am continuing to better myself. But, I sure don't need anymore competition.

You can believe what you want. You are entitled to your opinions. But, you can take "political correctness" & all the BS that goes with it and just disappear. Only a fool would want to destroy his/her country. Besides, all the aliens we're talking about can go to another country to live. The US has taken in far more that its share of refugees. Perhaps some of you liberals could move out of this country and do us peasants a favor.

Like I said-every American citizen deserves at the very least a decent job with benefits and should never have to take a back seat to someone who is not a citizen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.