1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to disable alarm entirely?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dmazzoni, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dmazzoni

dmazzoni New Member

After an unfortunate incident in which my alarm went off for hours and annoyed all of my neighbors (I think it was caused by a battery problem), I've decided I want to disable the alarm entirely. I don't want it to go off even if I press the "panic" button.

The mechanics on duty at Toyota of Santa Monica were stumped. None of the four people there knew how to do it, and they were even trying to convince me that it wasn't possible!

Has anyone else had any luck disabling the alarm? Is it something I can do myself? Or if I need to go to the dealer, any idea what exactly they need to do and how long it will take?

Thanks!

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominic Mazzoni @ Jul 11 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]284824[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I can't seem to get my alarm to go ON at all, no matter how many times I push the button or how close I am to the car. Maybe we could garage the two Prii together some night and see if they get together and we get either two functional alarms, or maybe a little baby SmartCar...? ;)

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your dealer should be able to enable and disable the alarm with their scan tool.

4. AceDeuceCoupe

AceDeuceCoupe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sorry way late.....But is there some button pushing way that WE can do it ourselves? Akin to the disable backup beep, etc?