1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to disable LOCK at shift or speed?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusG3IV, Sep 3, 2010.

1. PriusG3IV

PriusG3IV New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So - I've looked at the existing threads and see that there are essentially two methods each for locking/unlocking the doors in conjuction with 1)when the shift lever is moved and 2) when the vehicle passes a preset speed (18mph?).

My question is how to disable the locks from functioning whether I shift the gear fob or reach a predetermined speed. I do NOT want the door locks to move at all once I get in a start the car.

Have any of you had any success with this - and if so, can you please advise "how"?

Thanks.

2. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Get it programmed at the dealer?

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had my dealer do it prior to delivery, along with disabling the seat belt chime, and switching the reverse chime to a single chime.

The owner's manual had a chapter near the back with pages of setting your dealer can customize for you.

Enjoy your new ride.

4. LRKingII

LRKingII New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have mine set to lock on engaging gear. I consider it a safty function for both my wife and myself to prevent unwanted entry. But as mentioned the dealer can set it for you.