1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to find out Southeast Region allocations

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by CarlK, Apr 22, 2004.

1. CarlK

CarlK New Member

Stickied by Danny because of the great information voltswagon posted a few posts below:

OK, I broke the code for obtaining results for each individual dealer for the SE region.
    If you use this URL:
    http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...=false,%20false

You will get the number of Prius they have allocated at the dealer, in this case it is Toyota of Durham (dealer code 32127). How do you get the code for the dealer you are interested in? Go to the toyota.com and use the dealer locator link. Once you find the dealer you want info on, move your cursor over Search Used Car Inventory. At the bottom of your current web page it should show you the dealer code embedded in the URL for searching used inventory.

Substitute that code in the URL above for each dealer who's allocation you want to see. If you get a response that includes the entire SE allocation, then that dealer does NOT have any Prius allocated currently.

See what lengths we go to just to watch for that elusive car?

Here's what I can see the latest allocations appear to be for the Southeast Region. As usual, there is no indication which dealers got what and no indication if any of them are "unsold". There appears to be 133 allocated this time around:
    17 Black
    20 Driftwood
    30 Silver
    19 Salsa (Red)
    12 Seaside (Blue)
    21 White
    14 Tideland (controversial)

By major option:
    Opt. Qty
    #2 2
    #4 2
    #5 1
    #6 19
    #7 86
    #8 0
    #9 23

As I've said before, about all this info is good for is to show what is coming into the region.

Carl

2. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Thanks for the info

What is controversial about the Tideland?

I am surprised that there are not more #9 packages... doesn't everyone want the NAV system?

Chris

3. CarlK

CarlK New Member

Chris,
    The "controversial" remark was a weak attempt at humor. Some say it's green, some say it's gray, some say it changes from time-to-time. As for option 9, I think there is a stronger demand for them, but obviously there just aren't a lot of them coming to the Southeast. It's still pretty much of a mystery how cars are allocated to the regions.

Carl

4. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Tideland is my favourite

Chris

5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

It never ceases to amaze me how nearly impossible it is to get this allocation information for the Gulf States. In my magical world of make believe and fantasy, there wouldn't be private companies in some regions and we could at get the regional allocation from Toyota.

6. voltswagon

voltswagon New Member

OK, I broke the code for obtaining results for each individual dealer for the SE region.
    If you use this URL:
    http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...=false,%20false

You will get the number of Prius they have allocated at the dealer, in this case it is Toyota of Durham (dealer code 32127). How do you get the code for the dealer you are interested in? Go to the toyota.com and use the dealer locator link. Once you find the dealer you want info on, move your cursor over Search Used Car Inventory. At the bottom of your current web page it should show you the dealer code embedded in the URL for searching used inventory.

Substitute that code in the URL above for each dealer who's allocation you want to see. If you get a response that includes the entire SE allocation, then that dealer does NOT have any Prius allocated currently.

See what lengths we go to just to watch for that elusive car?

7. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

COOL!!!!

I get this:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

/inventory/searchresults1.asp, line 355

When I change the dealer code. I'll try and mess with that URL to see if I did something wrong

Chris

8. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Actually, I don't, but I am also surprised. I believed the rumors that Toyota had changed their distribution to selling more #9s, because they made more profit that way, and they figured with the demand as high as it is, sell the most fully loaded option.

Absolutely flabbergasted to see #7s so widely produced. (Happy, though -- see below.)

Thank you for posting this, Carl!! :)

9. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

OK.... it's the SE region

I was trying a dealer in the "Central Atlantic" region

any idea where to find the inventory site for them?

thanks

10. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

WOW - that Durham dealer was really piling on the upsell items such as the undercoat!

They know people want the cars. Also didn't see too many #9 packages

Chris

11. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Is that URL just for the Southeast Region? If so, are there similar search tools for other regions?

12. voltswagon

voltswagon New Member

I haven't discovered anything like it for any of the other regions.

13. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It might be that Toyota is seeing a limited supply of NAV systems. So they build what #9's they can and then continue with #7's rather that stop production to wait for NAV systems. (Or it might be the JBL package which is also in #9 and not #7.)

14. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

Gee it's great to know that Orlando is only getting a total of five :cussing:
    Thanks for the link. :lol:

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack New Member

Voltswagon,

Thanks for the great info! I am kind of confused as to what those allocations mean. Do they represent what the dealer will be getting in or what they should be getting in but is subject to change? Also do those numbers cover the entire month or just the first two weeks.

Thanks again!!

16. voltswagon

voltswagon New Member

Wolfpack,
    This is only conjecture on my part since I haven't got any inside information on how this all works, just what I assume based on what I have read and seen over the last months while I wait for my car. The allocations listed are cars that WILL be arriving at this dealer on the date shown. The allocations occur every few weeks so the list will get shorter as cars arrive until the next allocation occurs then it will grow once more. The SE region just received this allocation so the numbers will start to shrink as cars are sold (more than likely from a waitlist). Don't assume (as many have) that these are cars available for sale to anyone who calls. Most every dealer has a waitlist, and only cars that are passed on by everyone on the waitlist will become available to walk-ins. It is just a good tool to watch who is getting what (and how often) especially if you are deciding on which dealer to waitlist with. I have noticed some dealers get 3-6 cars every two weeks and others only get 1 car every other month. This makes it somewhat easier to decide on whether you want to be number 80 at dealer A who gets 10 cars a month vs number 10 on dealer B that gets 2 cars a month.

Another good use is if you are on the waitlist at a dealer, you can see what is coming in to that dealer and get a feel for your odds of getting a car near-term based on your spot in line.

Of course this is all subject to change should Toyota decide to use a rational method of delivering Prius based on individual orders and not the lottery as they are now!

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack New Member

Great, thanks for the clarification. I was using it to estimate my wait time on the list at a Raleigh dealer. Thanks again for the link!

18. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

Here is the site for the Central Atlantic region:

http://www.gettoyota.com/admin/index.cfm

now... who knows how to get in there?

Chris

19. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well... sometimes you can assume lazy administrators and try your usual database suspect passwords (sa, scott/tiger) but none of those seemed to work in this case. So give them just a smidge of credit for that.

A quick look at the box reveals it's just running the webserver, pcanywhere services, and a FTP server. The database, if there is one, must be hosted elsewhere.

20. DanH

DanH New Member

A fellow member brought this thread to my attention. My Greensboro dealer is telling me that they are getting 3 a month and I have a 18 month wait. When I did the little 'hack' for the dealer I see they are getting quite a few more (5 pages! :crazyeyes: ) than three cars a month! Is this really what they are getting?? Or is this list for the whole southeast region? If I click on a car each one says the dealer's name.

http://www.toyotaweb.net/inventory/searchr...c&previousyear=

< update: This is actually the whole SE region. WHen I click on the list above and click on all those avail in the region, this same list shows up. I don't get just the Greensboro list to start with at all. >