1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to find out whether my Prius has bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by v1552150, Jul 26, 2006.

1. v1552150

v1552150 New Member

I bought a preowned 2005 Prius. Not sure whether it has bluetooth or not (something I really want). I do have a bluetooth phone......can anyone help me determine whether my car has this capability

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm guessing that if you don't know whether you have it, then you don't have it.

I can't speak for the '05, but my '06 has 2 buttons on the steering wheel with phone icons (on-hook and off-hook) and you'll also see it in the info menu.

3. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VAV123 @ Jul 26 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]292863[/snapback]</div>
    2 Easy ways

1. If you have a telephone button on your steering wheel
    2. When you push the Menu button on the MFD is there a Telephone Icon?

If no on both, then you do not have it.

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ Jul 26 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]292874[/snapback]</div>

Actually, push the INFO button on the steering wheel to see the 'menu'; press the Telephone icon on the display to lead you into further screens that will allow you to try setting up the blue tooth.

Press the Settings icon on the display, then the Bluetooth icon, etc.

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    LOL didn't i just say both of those things in my prior post? Buttons on the wheel and telephone in the Info menu... :D

6. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Jul 26 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]292938[/snapback]</div>
    Note that 'mssmith95' posted almost the same time you did. My guess is that he/she didn't get to see your post when he/she posted. Consider yourself lucky to be the first. :)

7. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A quicker check would be the number of buttons around the MFD on the 2005. With the navigation system there are seven buttons, four on the left and three on the right sides. Without navigation there are only four buttons, two on each side.

Bluetooth is bundled in with the navigation system on the 2004 and 2005 Prii and not a seperate item.

8. patrickjmoriarty

patrickjmoriarty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HI Lad and Ladies,
    I just got a 2006 prius T4 and there is not telephone icon onthe screen. I have the buttons on the left side of the S/Wheel but cannot access to connect my phone. There seems to be no Navigation either . Any assistance would be appreciated .

Patrick
    Dublin
    Ireland

9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have a look under the LH front seat and confirm there is black box. It has been known for car dealers to remove the Sat-Nav box to make a few more €'s as they can sell a car without the nav box for virtually the same prices as with it. So they remove the Sat-Nav and sell it separately on ebay.

Let us know if is there or not.

And also just for completeness, you have the 7 buttons around the MDF, yes?

10. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Patrick the T4 did not come with Bluetooth or navigation, and was only available on the Tspirit.
    The phone buttons on the steering wheel are on the right hand side of the wheel where I believe you have a blank plate.
    The MFD display also has 4 buttons on one side and three on the other for the navigation and bluetooth. The Tspirit also came with reversing camera, voice recognition, and auto park assist.

John (Britprius)

#10 Britprius, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  11. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi John,
    Thank for the reply
    On the left had side of the s/wheel, I have , Speak button and Answer and Hangup buttons , as well as a Map button/Display Button above it.
    In the car maintenance mode there is a icon for bluetooth. But alas it seems it is not installed. Any idea how much it would cost ???

Patrick
    Dublin

12. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

13. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have only 4 button around the MFD but there is a black box under the Drivers Seat , I also have 8 Button on the Right side of the Steering wheel, For the phone, Maps Etc

any Ideas

14. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The box under the drivers seat is the (right hand drive car) is the JBL amplifier for the radio/cd. The navigation box is under the passengers seat, if there is navigation.

John (Britprius)

15. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  16. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since your on John,
    any advice on the prius 2006, parts, servicing, what to watch for whats important to save fuel

17. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Four buttons round the MFD would confirm you do not have
    You may find this chart useful. Scroll down to the UK section (about 1/4 of the way down) and it lists what was added to each model from the lower model as you go from T3/T4/Tspirit and model year.

2G Prius (2004-2009) Standard and Optional Equipment (Some Countries)

John (Britprius)

18. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Possibly the most important item to save fuel is the tyres you use, and there pressures. Going to good LRR 205/55/16 tyres not only does not use more fuel but improves the ride and handling of the car, but are also more than 25% cheaper than the OEM size. Pressure minimum 38psi front 36psi rear.
    Do not baby the car when accelerating, get up to speed briskly then take your foot off the accelerator and re apply enough just to maintain or loose slightly your speed.
    Be prepared to loose a little speed going up hills gather speed going down.
    Anticipate the conditions ahead easing off early if you can see you are going to have to stop or slow down significantly.
    Cruise control is fine on flatter roads but in a hilly area you can anticipate both going down a hill gathering speed and loosing a little speed going up hill.
    Use only regular fuel not the higher grades.
    If your engine is in good condition use 0w20 oil.
    Only normally have the intermediate service done if you have the car serviced at the dealer. This will give you a full book of stamps. The difference to the intermediate and the full service is a load of safety checks that are done more thoroughly in an MOT that if you have done at the same time you will be charged for again. Change the engine and cabin filters yourself before the service buying them at your local motorist shop (not Half---s) or on line. The price difference is huge.
    Any more help just ask.

John (Britprius)

19. patrickjmoriarty

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey John, how F**ked up is this .At 6 pm this evening I brought my car into a topaz gas station here in Tallaght Dublin for a car wash and on the brush cycle the brush ripped off the back tail light attached to the mid window. Any one know of this happening before to a prius. mine is a 2006 .Now to go through the re insurance and all that, to get it fixed what a pain. Now i have it tape up until I can take it to Toyota tomorrow

20. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Surely the car wash under EU law is liable for the damage. Putting a sign up stating they are not responsible for damage to vehicles using the wash is not not a legal get out, unless they state in your case "no Toyota Prius through the wash".

John (Britprius)