1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get a Prius in California...Below MSRP!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by darkpyro, Mar 14, 2005.

1. darkpyro

darkpyro New Member

As of Saturday March 12th, I'm am the proud owner of a black 2005 prius with package six. Not only did I get the car for below MSRP, but I got it without being on any waiting lists! All I had to do was request price quotes for priuses from dealers through edmunds.com. The Internet Department at Crown Toyota in Ontario, CA contacted me with a prompt response and an offer that aroused my curiosity. After talking to several different people, I was under the impression that this offer was too good to be true, and that they just wanted to get me in, but this was the complete opposite! I showed up with a copy of the e-mail correspondance between myself and someone in the internet department and sure enough, I was told "that is the price I quoted you and that is the price you'll pay."After four hours of waiting, paperwork, and no haggling, I was pleased that my experience ended the way it did. If you are in the Southern California area, and are looking for a prius, I highly recommend trying this out, as I am very pleased with my overall experience. The only guy I didn't care for was the pushy financing guy who tryed to sell me a warranty. Then again, he wasn't dirrectly apart of the internet sales depot.
    Conclusion #1: I have learned that the internet departments can, and will, let go of cars for less than the regular salesman.
    #2: Crown Toyota doesn't have a waiting list, and must have at least 10 priuses on their lot right now!

Sincerely,
    Andrew

P.S. I am in no way getting payed for advertising or anything; I honestly wanted to share this info because I felt it would be beneficial to the online priuschat community.

2. Harper

Harper New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Boy, you got a great price!! I bought my 2005 Prius, Package 6, Tideland Pearl, at Northridge Toyota (Los Angeles Area) at MSRP and NO WAIT, which I was more than happy to pay, on February 22, 2005. All the other dealers around the area were/are bumping up the price 5k-8k above MSRP. So, I felt like I was the lucky one....sounds like you were even luckier. Congrats!!!