1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get Bluetooth in car to recognize new contacts in phone

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by PaigeMiller, Apr 10, 2015.

1. PaigeMiller

PaigeMiller Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Since I got my 2014 Prius C 3, I have not had any problem using the voice dialing feature to dial a phone number that is in my Contacts app in my phone.

Last night, I added a new contact to the Contacts app in my phone, and today when I was driving, I wanted to use the car bluetooth voice dialer to call this new contact, but the voice dialer refused to recognize the contact's name. I pulled over, stopped driving, and called up the list of contacts that is in the car bluetooth memory, and I discovered that the new contact that was in my phone was still not in the car bluetooth memory.

How do I update the list of contacts in the car bluetooth memory so that it matches what is in my phone?

2. RGEYER0

RGEYER0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    There should be an option in your phone settings to update contacts. I'll look in manual to double check.

3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I bet that is explained in the owners manual for your car. :)

Assuming that the new number really is IN the phone itself and not out in the "cloud" somewhere like Gmail contacts.