1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to get 'major' parts from Japan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by carguyray, May 14, 2015.

1. carguyray

carguyray New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm hoping someone can at least point me in a direction on my latest quest.

I'm 6'9" tall and LOVE my Prius. I've not gotten the mod to move the seat back yet 'cause I'm having more of an issue with headroom. I got the 4 with Sunroof/Tech package and that gives me the little extra in addition to the power seat going down a bit more, but on the Pass side I'm still very cramped. Fast forward to last Monday when I arrive in Nagasaki Japan and get my Prius rental car. There, on the right side, is a lever to lower the seat height for the driver... I WANT ONE! :)

Does anyone have any ideas how I could find/order a 'drivers' seat track from Japan. So far all my searches for where/how to buy one only bring up modification type parts... nothing like what I'm looking for. Since I speak ZERO Japanese, and I've yet to see a car dealership to stop and 'ask' I've not gone that route, but wondered if there were thoughts here.

In fact, the lack of pass. room (seat track ONLY) is what kept us from buying the Prius V in the first place.

Thanks to all who have some thoughts!

2. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Doesn't the sunroof reduce headroom?

One of our sons is 6'-7"; he's driven ours a few times, no complaints. But we haven't got sunroof, and you've got a couple of inches on him.

Sorry not much help, just commiserating.

4. carguyray

carguyray New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In most cars yes, a sunroof will kill headroom, but the Prius uses a 'pop up' not a 'drop down' style sunroof so that is the major difference. Kudos to my dealer for thinking of that & showing me one or I'd have never gone near one.

Also, thanks for the great site info above... I'll see if I can have a co worker write up an email of what I'm looking for while I'm still over here.

Any/all other info is appreciated.