1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Get Rid of Gas Stations and other Icons on the Navi?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by stevepea, May 28, 2024.

1. stevepea

stevepea Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Had to replace the 12V battery finally, and once a new one was put in I figured out how to restore most things back the way they were before, except for one thing: Using the navi, it now clutters the map with a whole bunch of tiny icons (for gas stations, and such). I somehow was able to turn all those extra little icons off before, but can't remember how to do so now that everything reset with the new battery. I have the Plus (small screen) trim. I found the toggle to show speed limits, but Map Data seems to be for other stuff? Not a big deal, but I just hate all that extra clutter with icons everywhere when using the Navi map. How does one turn off all those icons like for gas stations and such, and just see the streets instead?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    For next time, look into memory savers. One method involves a cable with a cig lighter plug one end (plugs into certain jump packs), and the other end is an OBD plug, with just the 12 volt pins. The cables also have indicator light(s) on them, to confirm a good connection. Put the jump pack in the driver's footwell, connect the cable, and then nothing gets lost when you swap the battery.

Seems to me gen 4 and 5 are increasing the headaches caused by a power interuption. When I've disconnected our gen 3 (intentionally, for brake work), the issues were:

radio presets
    trip meters

That's pretty much it. I've heard window auto-up/down sometimes needs recalibration, but didn't have that happen.