1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to identify my Prius model?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ayosifon, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ayosifon

ayosifon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello Everyone,

I am a complete newbie with the Prius... (2014) 16500km (around 10K miles)
    my wife and I just bought our first Prius and we are still trying to learn the advantages although we have noticed that we are driving slower and very much similar to Old style driving.

I have a few questions that i find it difficult to find an answer in the search but i might have missed since there are so many posts and i am not sure even how to look for and under which terms, so here goes.

1. We live in Israel, and here they sell the car as Prius, i have no idea what model it is whether it is Gen 3 or a Two or another option, is there a way to identify?

2. when using reverse, sometimes the Backup camera will not show on the main display, i am not sure why and what are the preconditions for it to work

3. is there a way to eliminate the beeps when reversing?

appreciate any answer!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    1. It is a Gen3.
    2. That has happened to me a couple of times over 6+ years. Putting the car in park and shifting to reverse "resolved" the problem so it seems to be a poor contact in the shifter.
    3. In the USA it can be changed to a single beep using Techstream as well as some other programs.

Welcome to the site & enjoy the car.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! all the best with your new prius.(y) did you buy from a dealer?

4. ayosifon

ayosifon New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you! Very Exited with the Car.
    we purchased it second handed. Cars in Israel are taxed super high (up to 112%) so a prius such as this is approximately 30k/USD. for the comparison a 2016 model will be around 45k/USD

Reality of life in here.

P.S.
    now i can edit my signature with Gen 3 ownership ;-)

bisco likes this.