1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Install a Navigation DVD update?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pjone3, Nov 27, 2007.

1. pjone3

pjone3 New Member

:unsure: Can someone please provide instructions for installing an update of the navigation system DVD in a 2006 Prius? I understand there is something under the driver's seat. Thank you.

2. rickasmith98

rickasmith98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is anyone out there? I need to know this too. Is the car on or off when you eject the old DVD? Does it automatically update?

3. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Power the car on and put the screen on the NAV screen. Move the driver's seat all the way forward. From the back seat, you'll see the navigation box under the driver's seat. There's a door held by two latches at the top. Unlatch and remove the door. There's a slide on the left side of the DVD slot -- push it in a bit and slide it to the left. The DVD will come out in a few seconds. Remove it, and replace push the new DVD in. Move the slide back.

You should see a message about it updating for a couple minutes on the screen, then the normal display will return. Put the door back on and put the driver's seat back.

4. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Remember!!! DO NOT SWITCH BACK TO THE OLD DISC!!!! The update disc generally updates the programming as well and is not reversable!! Some versions can be switched back and forth, but most cannot!!

2 people like this.
  5. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Should be... do you have the box under the drivers seat?

6. Robert564

Robert564 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the instructions; I could not find them in my manual. Now I won’t have to rely on my Iphone for directions to newer locations
    BTW
    I bought the new disk at the my dealership for $150.00 (reg, $200, but I had a 25% off coupon). They tried to claim the coupon wasn't good for the disk, but I persisted and they finally gave in.

7. Bear68

Bear68 Member

That is the best advice anyone can have when dealing with a dealership... Polite persistance... Remain calm and polite, but stay firm on what you want. Keep moving up the chain of command and odds are you will be successful.

Just remember the two words.... Polite persistance.

8. jammin691

jammin691 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it the same for a 2008?

9. hbbird

hbbird Junior Member

Thanks! Toyota does not make these things easy for us.

10. butnotboth

butnotboth New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks so much for the instructions. Finally updated my 2005. Didn't think of it until it was too late to jot down some addresses, because updating wipes the search for 'Previous'. The other saved info seems to be there, tho.

11. kallidad

kallidad New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I have an updated dvd in my 2005 Prius and my wife has the original one in her 2005 Prius. I want to put my dvd in her car. I think you're saying I can't do it. Am I right?

12. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Once you install the disk, it has to STAY in the DVD unit! You would have to buy another update NAV DVD for her car!