1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to install rear parking camera and connect phone Prius III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Haris, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Haris

Haris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all,

This is my first time that I am going to use a forum so If I am doing something not correctly then please let me know. Thanks.

I bought my second Prius Car and this time a 2010 model without a Car Navigation and Rear parking camera. I used to have both of the options in my previous one so I now replaced the Car Radio with a B9016 Original Radio/Stereo system. I also got the original 4 pins Rear camera. I am very happy with the radio but there are a few problems where I need some advise and help. I thought its a original one from another Toyota prius III so its must be a case of plug and play but The followings things are not working:

1- There is a location for the REAR parking camera at the backside of the car but there are No Wires and Plugs.

2- There is No Plug/Switch for the Phone at the back side of the Radio/Stereo system. In the previous Radio system I was using the Hands free system with the Bluetooth. Now I can connect the phone but I can only play and listen the music but I cannot use the Phone because the Microphone is not connected. I dont know the plug location.

3- Navigation is also not working but I bought a GPS Antenna so If it is the right switch/Plug then It will work.

For more details I am upload some Pictures and please advise/help.

Thanks

Attached Files:

#1 Haris, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. georgegui

georgegui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm not sure about you but i installed a android headunit which came with a reverse camera and wires. I tapped into the reverse light to trigger it to turn on the headunit and camera. I mounted and drilles holes in the factory location as well as a hole under the hatch trim (which had to be removed as well). I then sealed it up with goop and everything works as it should.

3. Haris

Haris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Georgegui, In my case its a bit difficult because I have the original Head unit with the original 4 Pins camera and there is no Cable/plug connection. But I found a cable ( connector ) in Ukraine and I have to buy a aftermarket camera.

4. Giga

Giga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Did you find some solution?
    I have same situation =))))