1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to interpret the consumption screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cathy K, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Cathy K

Cathy K New Member

Can any of you gurus tell me what the consumption screen is actually showing? I'm confused by the update and the way the column migrate from left to right.

2. cybele

cybele New Member

Consumption Screen

Basically, each column will show you how your car performed in 5 minute increments (not distance, just time).

The bar for each 5 minute increment will show your average MPG rating for the period. If you recharged the batteries at all, you will get anywhere from 1/2 a "leaf" to several (the most I've gotten is 4 for a long downhill on the freeway). I guess it's kind of comforting on those periods where I got crummy mileage, I at least banked some electricity for later.

The bar on the far right shows what you're up to at that moment. It's the same as the numerical reading you'll get on the bottom of the Energy screen.

This is the only screen that will show you your current Average MPG for this tank of gas and the distance on this tank. It's a helpful way to tell how much gas you've used.

You can use this photo as reference for this http://www.priuschat.com/forums/album_pic....c.php?pic_id=59

I hope someone else can add to this! I flip back and forth between this screen and Energy quite often and I never turn off the car without checking how I did for the drive on this screen.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    >If you recharged the batteries at all, you will get anywhere from 1/2 a "leaf"

Actually, only what you regenerate is shown. That's the electricity that is created by slowing down or braking.

The recharged isn't included. That's the electricity created by the engine while just driving.

4. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Re: Consumption Screen

:lol: When I click on your link I get a screen that says "Not Authorized" :flame:

5. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Re: Consumption Screen

Now it works and shows screen! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D