1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to locate a vehicle's location?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by whitespider, Jun 16, 2007.

1. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I've been on this wonderful website for a while now, almost two months, and still I don't own my Prius due to complicatiosn with dealers. My knowledge base is huge due to me being here, and I always coem here every day to learn more, especially on the buying aspect.

Anyways, for those of you on the 'inside' or who happen to know some tricks; Is it possible, after finding a car on buyatoyota.com and knowing the last 6 digits of the vin, to find out which dealer has the car or has allocated it from port?

I HATE gonig to my local dealers, asking them this, and then getting a 'oh we can trade for it and bring it here! Just gimme a deposit and I can't promise you I can get it, but I will try". Ugh. I just want to go DIRECTLY to the source!

The only trick I know is one taught to me here: If you wanna test to see if a car is at a location you think it's at, google up a zipcode for the area of the dealer and then put that into buyatoyota.com, then select the dealer you wanted, and search for the car you want. When it shows up (as it will for any dealer in your area since it's in your area and they can all trade for it) look to see if it gives an entire VIN number or if it's just XXXXXXXX..123456. If it only shows the last 6 digits, they don't have it and have to trade for it. If it shows all of the VIN, they have it.

That's all I know

If anyone is curious, i'm trying to find Package 6 in magnetic grey (non-touring) in the South East (Florida if that helps). Supposedly I see 4 cars like this showing up in the south east to be available soon and I want one of them, soon.

Does anyone know how to find out the location of any vehicle they're interested in?

2. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I went to buyatoyota.com, put in the Orlando FL zip code and came up with one magnetic grey non touring pkg 6 (leather) available at Courtesy Toyota THEY SAY, and they have 4 more within their fleet THEY SAY. I just started picking dealers listed for that zip code. Unless of course they are lying. This has the full VIN # listed. Says available immediately. Put in Miami and came up with the following - but only the last 6 #'s of the VIN on these:

Prius > Vehicle Listing

There are 4 matching vehicles across the Southeast or search from 0 vehicles in inventory at Headquarter Toyota
    Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to Build Your Own.

Narrow Your Search Please Select an Accessory Carpet Mats And Trunk Mat Package #6 Includes: Leather-Trimmed Seats and

Southeast Inventory View Page 1
    Model Year Model Exterior Color Interior Available MSRP
    2007 Gas/Electric Sedan (4 Speed Automatic) - 1224 Magnetic Gray Metallic Dark Gray Leather 06/21/07 $27,416
    2007 Gas/Electric Sedan (4 Speed Automatic) - 1224 Magnetic Gray Metallic Dark Gray Leather 06/21/07 $27,625
    2007 Gas/Electric Sedan (4 Speed Automatic) - 1224 Magnetic Gray Metallic Dark Gray Leather 06/22/07 $27,625
    2007 Gas/Electric Sedan (4 Speed Automatic) - 1224 Magnetic Gray Metallic Dark Gray Leather 06/27/07 $27,625
    View Page 1

Pricing Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Questions or Comments about buyatoyota.com

Good luck,
    Neicy

3. Ronald56

Ronald56 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Neicy @ Jun 16 2007, 05:12 PM) [snapback]463107[/snapback]</div>
    I tried the site, can't locate inventory with it. Help??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whitespider @ Jun 16 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]463088[/snapback]</div>

I can't seem to get the site to work for me at all locating anything. Did you get it to work?

4. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    When I clicked on the vehicle (underlined) it gave me either a partial or full vin. The dealer that had the car I would guess was the one with the full vin. I just kept choosing dealers from the dropdown menu and clicking on each vehicle til I found one that actually had the car you were looking for. Around here we have several dealers within reasonable driving distance if someone wants a specific car. Me? I got impatient when I heard the discounts coming out. Really wanted the metallic beige, but opted for the pkg I wanted at the price I could afford. Besides I wanted it NOW. So I have the silver.