1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to open the dashboard?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by bkman, Nov 2, 2018.

1. bkman

bkman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 2010 Gen 3 Prius has a rattling sound coming from the inside of the dashboard when I’m driving on the rough road. If I place my hand right on top of it in the center (even without pushing down), the rattling stops.

How to remove the dash?

Spend a lot of time on Youtube trying to find a video without much success.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Back in my car stereo installation days we often had a situation where we needed to take apart a dashboard... You can sometimes find parts diagram in exploded view style to better know where the clips and screws are, but in general you just gotta start taking stuff apart till you get stuck, then work on another part of the dash, then when you get stuck on that part go back to the previous part you were stuck on and try again. Mostly it's just time consuming laborious work of moving things in as many directions as possible until they come loose. So be patient and find a wrecked Prius at a junk yard so you can both pull spare parts for anything you break, as well as practice forcing stuff on the wrecked car before you force it too much on your own car.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There is a YouTube on replacing the combo meter which might be helpful

PriusCamper likes this.