1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to pack lightly

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amped, Apr 21, 2004.

1. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting site with some great packing tips for all types of travelers.

Let's go!

2. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi all,
    FYI
    For those Prius enthusiasts out there who are interested in travel, luggage packing, and comfort.

I took a trip from Providence, RI to Tampa, FL in my 2004 Prius with 4 people, all our luggage, and one dachshund. I thought the ride was very comfortable. What a great car!

~Andrew

3. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I FULLY agree with that website. When I was travelling in Japan, I made it for 3 weeks with nothing but what would fit in a backpack.

Oh MAN was it nice!

When other travellers (mostly north american) were wheeling around huge luggage cases, trying to find space on trains, etc. Just one little pack and I was away.

Some german tourists I saw did even better. They had backpacks about 1/2 the size of mine. I bet their entire wardrobe consisted of 2 pairs of jeans, one semi-formal set of pants, a few shirts, and some socks and underwear.

Definately makes the travel stress-free!

4. Batavier

Batavier Member

I like to travel light as well. When going by plane, I just take one large travelcase, with some wheels and a good grip. Works wonders, I love to walk past the people at the airport waiting for their luggage. Especially since they most likely jumped line inside the plane to get out as fast as possible. Most of the time I'm last out of the plane, but first out of the airport... :p