1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to price a 2001 classic Prius?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by drs33, Jan 7, 2015.

1. drs33

drs33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We're getting ready to sell our 2001 Prius and I would love any feedback on how to price it--obviously I have KBB info but our car has several significant dealer-installed features and I'm not sure how to factor those in.

It's a 2001 Prius with 99K miles--excellent mechanical condition (mechanic says should be on upper end of resale range based on that) but only fair cosmetic condition (dings, scratches, etc.) Has cruise control and side-impact air bags, which were not standard on the 2001 models. How much would you adjust the price to account for this, since I assume that most of the cars that KBB is looking at don't have these options? Or would you just price on the high end of the range and see what the market will bear? Thanks!

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You fast to you want to sell the car? Anyone buying a 13 year old car with 99k miles is probably going to be price sensitive. I don't think the options add any great added value .

I'd go to craigslist and see what roughly comparable cars are going for. When I look for comparables, I get some claimed to be good condition ranging from $3500 to $7000.