1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to protect the back of the seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 4chi, Sep 18, 2006.

1. 4chi

4chi New Member

My 2 1/2 year old cannot keep his shoes off the back of the driver's seat of my brand new Prius. I'm not into seat covers for the entire seat, but does anyone have a suggestion for what I can put over the back of the driver's seat to protect it from kicking feet. I thought about just a towel, but that would be pretty ugly.

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Go to a fabric store and find a nice fabric that matches your interior. You can probably attach it with velcro.

3. curtissac

curtissac New Member

My 2 1/2 YO does the same thing. I got a seat back protector from a baby place like like Babies R Us. It really looks just like a kitchen apron. It hangs around the headrest posts and then straps around the bottom of the seat.

I also got a rubber mat, similar to a car floor mat, that goes under her car seat as the first issue I noticed was the her feet can touch the the front of her seat and it gets dirty in one day.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I suppose removing the child's shoes isn't an option?

Just offering an alternative solution.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Sep 18 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]321181[/snapback]</div>
    Or tying his shoelaces to the child seat. :p

Tom

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maggieddd @ Sep 18 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]321161[/snapback]</div>
    I can confirm that velcro will attach very nicely to the back of the seats. may be the best/cheapest option... every few months you can take it off and throw it in the wash to clean.

7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Sep 19 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]321184[/snapback]</div>

Bad idea. In an accident, if you needed to get your child out of the car in a hurry, it would be dicey.
    And...kids don't like to be restrained; the car seat is enough of a restraint.

B

8. 4chi

4chi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Sep 18 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]321181[/snapback]</div>
    That was the first thing I tried. Of course, as soon as they were off they became the most precious possessions in the world and having them on the floor was just too far away. Plus, have you put shoes on a toddler recently? An experience I prefer to go through as infrequently as possible each day. Particularly when the favorite shoes are lace up Chuck Taylors, kind of hard to get on and off.

I found the seat back covers online, ordered a pair, we'll see how that goes.

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There are also car seat tote bags that attach to the back of the car seat. It would do double duty; it would protect the rear of the seat and give you more places to put stuff.

10. fiblet

fiblet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I bought the back seat tote, which allows my child to toys in conpartments. Although they are all too narrow
    along the sides of the seat. So I just bought two of them, and placed them side-by-side. They each loop through one bar in the head rest. Now the entire back of my seat is covered and my child can keep all the toys and stuff in it.