1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to protect the seats from child seat grooves?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by samplesj, Dec 10, 2004.

1. samplesj

samplesj New Member

Has anyone found a good way to protect the seat fabric from the wear caused by child seats.

My wife's last car had grooves from the seats, and my Prius already has what appear to be permanent marks. Since we just got her Prius it isn't too late to save it.

We've tried towels, but in my car they always got shifted out of the way and we couldn't put on against the back of the seat or the front facing child seat wasn't stable. Originally we had a seat in the middle of mine, but we've had to move it to a side now that we have two children. The center of my rear seat still has worn places from the back of his seat.

We've thought about seat covers. Do they work any better than towels? Does anyone know of a properly fitting rear seat cover? Or should we just resign ourselves to replacing the seats in 5-10 years?

Any other options?

Thanks

Jeremy

2003 Golden Pearl Prius (no nav)
    2005 Seaside Pearl Prius (#6/BC)

2. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We have a pair of seat protectors (one for each car) made expressly for the purpose. They look and feel like "rubber" floormats but have no "nubs" on the bottom and are shaped to fit neatly on the seat. I do not recall where we bought them (5 or 6 years ago) but I suspect that Babies 'R' Us and similar stores sell them.

Update - I checked; the brand is "Prince Lionheart" and the product is "seatsaver." A web search for those 3 words yields a number of sources, and an epinions entry at
    http://www.epinions.com/pr-Prince_Lionhear...r_0550_Car_Seat .

3. tntna

tntna New Member

I don't recall seeing car seat marks on te 2001 Prius, but since I want to protect the 2005 better, thanks for the tip. Have you considered a piece of carpet pad under the car seat? Might not look the best but functional is functional.