1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Pulse and Glide with pictures...

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by sandman, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OK been doing a lot of reading and research on how to Pulse and Glide. I finally figured it out and figured I would type this up to help a lot of others who might have questions..I have seen these pictures scattered around but not all in one post if there is such a post please excuse me.. Last week I installed my Scan Guage and I also wired up an EV switch a couple weeks back (one wire ran it to my signal switch $0) these along with P&G all helps your MPG's. (Here is an example of a 40mph-30mph P&G)

105_2508 (Medium) (Large).jpg Here is a picture of the Pulse Screen (you want to use this to get up to 40mph)(you only want to pulse with the ICE)

105_2511 (Medium) (Large).jpg Here is another picture of a pulse screen as you can see the mpg during your pulse will vary accordingly depending on the terrain

105_2510 (Medium) (Large).jpg Here is your Glide screen, you want to transition from the pulse to the glide with little or no regeneration(use this screen to glide back down to 30mph)

105_2512 (Medium) (Large).jpg Here is a pic of the regeneration screen

105_2514 (Medium) (Large).jpg Here is a picture of a glide that is above 41MPH(Warp Stealth) I found that if your going down hill its OK to hit this but as soon as your MPH drops below 41mph get back into the normal glide screen.

105_2509 (Medium) (Large).jpg This is a shot of my MFD after some P&G. I also just went to half a tank on gas gauge so this should be my best tank to date..

I am still learning so please everyone share your knowledge and if I said anything that is wrong please correct me I love to learn..also please share pic's it helps so much with us newbies..

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Discussion can be found here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.