1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to reach even radio stations on 2010 Prius IV?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tolick, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tolick

tolick Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello everyone!
    I have a 2010 Prius IV imported from USA in Moldova(Europe). I don't know why i can't set my radio station to even radio stations like 88.6 or 106.4. It accepts only ODD channels 88.7 or 106.3 but stations many stations are still not working. Do you have any solutions for this issue? Hope you can help me. Any reply is accepted.
    Thanks!

2. robby3

robby3 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    That's the problem with most FM stereo units from the US, as they do not have the smaller 50kHz tuning steps. I had the same problem on my Camaro as well as with Kenwood multimedia HU I bought in the US. Unfortunately, I don't see any other way than replacing the unit with an european one.

Sidenote: The units in the US, Japan or EU are internally the same. There is somewhere a soldered bridge on the main PCB that tells the FM tuner to tune to odd or even frequencies. This was the case on the Kenwood and Clarion devices.