1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Remove Bottom of Rear Seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Oswaldo, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Oswaldo

Oswaldo New Member

I purchased a set of GT Covers for the rear seat of my '05 Prius. Installing the covers for the seat bottom requires running some straps underneath. Is there a release or does it need to be unbolted? Where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Oswaldo

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm pretty sure you can just grab rear-most portion of the seat and lift it forward. Might be hinged on somewhere, but should be easy to get out, if still necessary, once the back is lifted up.

3. Oswaldo

Oswaldo New Member

Thanks, Doc. It appears that there is a bolt securing the back of the seat. I didn't try removing the bolt - I was able to lift the cushions enough to pull the straps through.

I wish I had the service manual.

Oswlado

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like you've solved your problem, but the rear bottom cushion is removed by yanking the FRONT of the seat up. It's clipped in, so to put it back, slide the back end in and push the front down. EASY!

5. mhiatt

mhiatt New Member

I just did my backseat with Wet Oakley covers. The back seat bottom is removed by simply pulling up at the front. There are two clips in the front, one on each side. After that, there is a one center tab at the back of the seat which is removed by applying pressure down and then out (forward). Hope this helps.