1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove center column under dash?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by abq sfr, Jun 6, 2007.

1. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm installing a radio control head tomorrow inside the small storage below the radio (with the smoked plastic cover). Does anybody know how to remove the center plastic cover under the dashboard, the one that goes from floor to bottom of dash, and is between the driver's and passenger's feet? It also has the cigarette lighter plug integral to it on the passenger side. I tried searching for this but could not find anything relevant. I'd just try pulling the plug by the cig lighter outlet and pulling on the cover but don't want to break anything!

2. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here's a link to Chris Dragon's excellent idiot-proof step-by-step set of instructions with circles and arrows (and a paragraph on the back of each one :p ) describing the Prius dash panel removal

http://www.chrisdragon.com/downloads/Stere...us,%20v1.03.pdf

The lower center panel removal starts on page 3.

Altho' the title says 2004, it still applies to current year models since the dash design hasn't changed.

3. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulccullen @ Jun 6 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]456962[/snapback]</div>
    However, on my '05 the plastic fastener that's circled in blue and magnified in green is of a slightly different design. The button pulled through the plastic around it on removal, and I had to pinch the non-hairlike shaft to get it out through the hole. I don't really have it pushed back in properly, although it is holding okay.

Dave M.