1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove front seat floor bolts in 2024 Prime XSE Premium

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rordon Gamsay, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Rordon Gamsay

Rordon Gamsay New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    New to this, question in title.

Tried removing driver front seat floor bolts today with a T50 and a socket wrench but it wouldn't budge. Does it have thread locker? Can I use WD-40? Any way without using heat? Do I need an impact tool to remove it? Scared of breaking something or stripping it.

2. N79PT

N79PT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Why? (Just curious)

3. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    2 cent comments.
    Is there a nut that should be remove from under the car?
    For my memory, I don't recall many front seat attachments being bolts, that thread into a floor pan/ metal.
    As for heat, if blue Loctite, you could safely try a heated soldering iron place on the bolt head or shaft.
    And from memory toque is usually around 35 ft lbs.....and counter clockwise to loosen :) is the standard.
    Best guess, look under the car at the attachment and/ or search for a parts diagram.
    Good luck.

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Careful, those are safety items.

To guarantee proper performance in a collision they need to be torqued pretty precisely. I don't happen to know the rules for bolt re-use.

The answers to all of that and more...

5. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    The OP removed the driver's seat to try and install a powered sub underneath it. I'm pretty sure they figured out how to remove the front seat on their own from the pictures in another thread.

FYI, both front seats are secured by four bolts with T50 heads, and they're torqued to 37Nm/27ftlb. The reassembly instructions do not call for locktite, but they are supposed to be torqued using a cross pattern.