1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove sliding tray/drawer?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BrianN, Sep 24, 2008.

1. BrianN

BrianN New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Anybody know to remove the sliding tray/drawer that's under the cup holders for the front seats? After 5-10 minutes trying I've been unsuccessful in figuring out how, or if, it can be removed. When pulled out as far as it will go the sides have some flex near the back that seems like it *almost* releases it from it's tracks and lets the front lift up some, but not enough to do the job.

A battery (size AA) has been lost up over the back of the drawer and onto the floor under the armrest unit. Removing this drawer so I can reach in is one of several ways I'm attempting to retrieve it. I've also tried getting my fingers/hand in from the side at the bottom of the armrest, but I can only reach a very tiny area. Nor have I been able to see any obvious ways to remove side/rear/interior panels or parts to gain access to the floor under the armrest. Suggestions are welcome on any non-destructive avenues to gain access.

My concern is that if I do not retrieve it someday it will leak battery acid with unknown consequences.

Thanks.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. BrianN

BrianN New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks, I'll try those suggestions tomorrow.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If that method doesn't work, or if you still can't retrieve the item after pulling out the tray, the next thing to do is unscrew a few screws and remove the center console altogether. It's not very difficult at all.

5. BrianN

BrianN New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was able to get the drawer out and after feeling around for a while found the nook that the battery had fallen into and extract it. Thanks.

6. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Love happy endings, big or small.

7. dmdiver

dmdiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am laughing my head off. I have had my Prius since 2/08 & never even knew there was a drawer down there. I think this car has more storage spaces than my Murano had.