1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to remove wiper washer nozzle from hood of Gen 1 (2003)s

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Chris Montes, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Chris Montes

Chris Montes New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello people, I stumbled upon this forum after being unable to find answers, I have a hand me down 2003 Prius, and have had some issues before but not anything that I'll go into right now.

What I'm interested in is removing the wiper nozzles from the hood so I can leave them on vinegar for a few hours since they are CLOGGED, and using a needle or something isn't really an option, have tried it before.

I was wondering if it the nozzles can be removed like 2nd Gen Priuses, by pushing something flat underneath the front and back and pushing it up so it gets out.

That would be all.

Thanks for reading! (and replying if you can hehe)

2. Trombone

Trombone Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Trombone

Trombone Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I looked under the hood of my '02. Access to the spritzers would seem to require long-reach needle nose pliers; perhaps regular long- nose would work, but I haven't tried it. Also, check genuine Toyota parts sources for the nozzle; on my car, there are three openings for the washer fluid, laid out like the points of a triangle (one above, two below). The ones in that link I posted have only two openings. Let us know how it turns out for you.