1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Replace Passenger Side Mirror?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wkoteras, Sep 17, 2004.

1. wkoteras

wkoteras New Member

This past weekend, I smashed my passenger side mirror :( I have the replacement and it looks fairly easy to replace, if I could just find out how to remove the JBL speaker mounted opposite the mirror. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Wade

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    Looks as if you have to unclip the cover, and then you can unscrew the speaker.

3. wkoteras

wkoteras New Member

Can anyone translate Speaker2.pdf?

Thanks,
    Wade

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wkoteras\";p=\"40272)</div>
    Yes.

Oh, you want me to do it as well :lol:

[hr:99562f3bcf]

Loudspeaker unit Nr2. front
    Exchange
    Info:
    Parts: see S 67-2
    The RHS is the same as the LHS
    The method shown below is for the LHS
    The re-installation takes place in the revese order to the removal.

1. Remove the console cover of the lower part of the frame of the front LHS door. See S 75-9

2. Loudspeaker NR2 Front removal
    (a) Remove the 3 clips and remove the loudspeaker unit.

5. molain

molain Junior Member

People suck.

Someone took my parking space at my apartment, so I had to park on the street overnight. As usual, I got up nice & close to the curve & folded back my street side mirror so nobody driving by would hit it. Well, during the night, some nice person decided it would be funny to snap off my passenger-side mirror (i.e. curb-side).

Close inspection makes it clear to me that only the hinge seems to have broken, and it seems easily replacable. I'm pretty decent working on cars, and don't want to have to pay a dealer how ever many hundreds they're going to want to charge me to replace the whole unit.

Can anyone tell me where I can find parts? If not a hinge, then at least a mirror so I don't have to pay for labor?

Thanks
    -Ben