1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Replace the cigarette lighter under the armrest?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by deesto, Sep 3, 2015.

1. deesto

deesto New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello,

I need to replace the cigarette lighter in the centre console under the armrest. Is there a fuse for the socket itself? I have tried finding the fuse for the CIG, but this seems ok, yet there is no power going to it. there is power for the CIG going to the front cigarette lighter (under the touch navi screen) though.

Please help? Whats the best way to take it apart under there and look? OR would i have to dismantle completely the entire centre console in order to access it?

If there was pictures I would love to see how this is done. Really appreciate it.

2. deesto

deesto New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    III
    By the way, I did access the fuse box under the glove compartment to check for all relevant fuses, but i was only able to find one that was relevant marked under CIG. And like i said, that seemed ok, when i took it out, it stopped providing power to the front cig lighter. so i'm assuming both are linked, and this is why i'm trying to see if the socket itself is fused..and if so, how to get to it, and replace it. Cheers again!

3. E46Prius

E46Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It seems you would have to pull the center console. It's not hard. I'd imagine you'd have to get some serious heat into that circuit to fuse the cigarette lighter. You'd likely cause a fire first. Unless something is stuck in there. Your car is so new, what did you plug in there? Should be under warranty anyway

4. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Fuses #1 and #3 are for the power outlets. Each is on it's own circuit, at least in the 2010.