1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to set Fuel Price?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Dravor, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Dravor

Dravor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I notice that when I turn my Prius off I get the details page on my last trip. Miles driven, Miles per gallon, Fuel cost.

My Fuel cost is always $0, I'm guessing because I have not set the Fuel Price?

Where does one do that?

Thanks,
    Marcus

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hopefully somebody will be more motivated than me and actually give you the information.

This is something I can do, if I'm sitting in my Prius behind the wheel, but I can't remember exactly how to do it sitting behind my computer.

There is a menu you access, and it is a simple menu choice. Once you have it set, every time you fill up, you have a few seconds to adjust the fuel price, to whatever the current cost happened to be. But be forewarned, you have to be ready to input that price change pretty quickly, the price changing option comes up and go's- pretty quickly.

How to initially set it, or access it through the menu at anytime, well I know it is in the owners manual, I also know once you get in the menu it's pretty intuitive.

Good Luck.

3. Wayward

Wayward Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Off memory,
    Use display on the wheel to go into the settings, go into fuel cost and savings, set the price there, just make sure you set gas cost to current and leave the mpg set to 0 if you want cost of trip or set mpg to your old car if you want savings.

4. MPGnutcase

MPGnutcase Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes it is there if you blink ---well it's gone :mad:

5. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Funny. Last fill-up I was waiting, everything else done, finger a few inches over the button (this is important, too close and it senses your finger and does something else), and for the first time (it's been a year since I got Pearl S) managed to adjust the fuel cost after the fill-up. You use the far right buttons on the steering wheel to adjust it up or down. A penny per press. I initially set it in the menus, but I can't remember how I did that of course. ;) I did use the manual to find it.