1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Silence Reverse Beeper 2007 ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dorf, Jun 5, 2007.

1. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just ordered a 2007 Prius, w/Package #2.

How do you silence the "beeper" when in reverse?

Another car, that I drove did not have the beeper? (different dealer/different package)My salesman didn't know.

Thanks for your help !!!

2. jbullard

jbullard New Member

Here is the procedure from http://john1701a.com. Reproduced without permission:

1. Switch to the odometer/trip value to display "ODO" by pushing the “ODO TRIP†button shown in the lower-right corner of the photo below. If the speedometer-cluster was already showing “ODOâ€, make sure to cycle thru each option back to “ODO†again.
    2. Power OFF (push the "Power" button).
    3. Power ON (push the "Power" button again).
    4. Within 6 seconds of powering back ON, push & hold the button for “ODO†for a minimum of 10 seconds.
    5. While still holding the button for "ODO", shift into "R" (Reverse), then to "P" (Park).
    6. "b-on" should display on the odometer/trip-meter now. Push the "ODO TRIP" button to switch the mode to "b-oFF"
    7. Power OFF (push the "Power" button). That’s it! The beep should now be disabled.

Note #1: If the sequence above failed, it may have due to the "ODO" setting not having been visible recently. In that case, all you have to do is drive with it that way for a few miles. The next time you try to disable the beeper, the process should work.

Note #2: If you ever disconnect the 12-volt auxiliary battery from the system (or drain it dead), you may have to repeat the disable process again.

3. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbullard @ Jun 5 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]455884[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbullard @ Jun 5 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]455884[/snapback]</div>

Thank You Very Much !!

4. Lita

Lita New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow! It worked the first time I tried it....now on to disable the seat belt beeps. :)
    Thanks!