1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to turn off Maint Req light on 2006 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tigerfly, Dec 20, 2006.

1. tigerfly

tigerfly New Member

I have 10,200 miles on my Prius. The first time I had Toyota change my oil but they made me mad as it was not ready when it was supposed to be and didn't give me my free detail. So my main req light just came on and I had my oil changed today by SEARS. The main req light did not go out after they changed my oil. How do I get it off? It is not blinking, just solid

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On page 25... USER-GUIDE

There's lots of other stuff on that for newbies too.

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Why people won't read their owners manual is beyond me. Takes more time to keep checking back here than to look in the manual.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Also in my mini FAQ which I'll post here.

How do I reset the "Maintenance" light (oil change reminder)?
    A: The oil change light will start flashing 4500 miles after the last reset to remind you that an oil change is coming up. Once at 5000 miles after the last reset, it stays on. If you change the oil yourself, or the dealer forgets to turn the light off, rather than taking it back to the dealer, do the following:

Turn the power switch IG-ON and make sure that the ODO/TRIP meter is displaying the odometer.
    Turn the power switch OFF.
    While pushing the ODO button, turn the power switch IG-ON.
    The reminder light will flash until the reset is completed.
    The reset is complete when the reminder light turns OFF. Release the ODO button.
    After the reset, the ODO/TRIP meter displays as a set of zeros for 1 second, then displays your normal odometer mileage.

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Howdy Rest

For somewhat over two years on PriusChat for my previous 2004 Prius and now my new 2007 TE, I have marvelled frequently at the apparent unwillingness of Prius owners to read the Owner's Manual. I have endured frequent criticism and teasing, even verbal abuse, over encouraging reading the Owner's Manual - some PriusChat-ers seemed to 'take criticism of me on as a project' - I justr put them on IGNORE and don't read their posts anymore. As you comment, the Manual contains a wealth of useful information.

Since the Manual is extensive and not indexed completely, I have made a habit of making my own "Index" on a blank page at the back of the Manual for items I anticipate needing to reference in the future, or perhaps share with PriusChat members.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR !!

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Dec 21 2006, 09:01 AM) [snapback]365145[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

Come on.

You very well know that it was not about your directing Prius Chat members to the relevant information in the owner's manual.

It had everything to do with the pedantic way and the condescending manner in which you went about doing so.

:rolleyes:

7. Mike4puy

Mike4puy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Could be something to do with all these silly combinations that don't make it in the book, surely that's what Prius chat is all about ...HELPING NEW PEOPLE or not!!
    Give the new kids on the block a hand up not a slap in the face.

8. imalulu

imalulu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly where in the 2007 Prius manual is this info...thought I found it once, but I've been thru every page of the manual today and only found this info on how to re-set (turn off) the "maintenance required" light here on Prius Chat. Thank you Prius Chat.

See some people pour thru the owner's manual and still don't get the answers they need.

9. redrockprius

redrockprius redrockprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try poring instead of pouring and read page 131.