1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

how to turn off seatbelt beeps.

Discussion in 'Toyota Hybrids and EVs' started by priusguy1, May 31, 2009.

1. priusguy1

priusguy1 New Member

i dont think it can be done on a 09 hybrid camry.
    the old way we did it on the prius dont work on this car.
    dealer tells me it can be done there when they hook it up to the computer.but its liabilty and is going to get back with me.
    good luck!

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    2007 manual says it can be done, and I've seen a couple of people online claim they had it done. I've also seen several people have the same dealer experience, including myself, of either claiming it can't be done, or refusing to do it. I need to try at some other dealers.

3. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've tried to do it, using the Prius methodology. I'll try the dealer at some point in time. I've asked in this forum, but most of the replies were of the "seat belts save lives, why mess with the beep" drivel. I would love it if someone would find this fix. I don't like the idea of buying something that beeps at me, when I'm going to wear the darned belt to begin with.

4. priusguy1

priusguy1 New Member

i hear you and couldnt agree more.
    if i hear anything thing i will post it.

5. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! I appreciate it.

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  7. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here's the pdf of the customizable parameters. I think this is from the service manual.

Attached Files:

8. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The easiest way to turn off the beeping is wear the seatbelt when driving!!!! Drivel the idea of the beeping is to remind you to put the seatbelt on and it is obnoxious just for that reason. Seatbelts are not just there to make easy for the ambulance driver to find the body, they actually work and save injury and sometimes even your life.

9. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That doesn't make any sense. If you wear your seatbelt the car doesn't beep at you so what is the point of disabling the beep?

10. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There are times when it truly is not necessary to wear a seatbelt, e.g., a quick move of the car. Also, bags and dogs sometimes set of the passenger side (now I'll hear from the pet police :p). But thanks for all the ragging, anyway. My wife also thanks you. :rolleyes:

11. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I love people who love to preach. :frusty: I can point out a dozen times when I'm in the car with the engine running and the car's not running where I don't care to wear a seat belt. So, whether or not it makes sense to you ... I really couldn't care less.

12. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Not preaching, just asking a question. I can't think of a single instance when I have been in the car with the ignition on and not intending to go somewhere.

I personally don't care if you wear a seatbelt or not as long as you are willing to accept the consequences. My father-in-law doesn't wear a seatbelt; never has and I doubt he ever will. He also has received many tickets for not wearing a seatbelt and simply pays them. He is fully aware his choice is in violation of the law and accepts the consequences.

Putting on a seatbelt is muscle memory for me. I get in the car, put on my seatbelt, start the car. I find myself putting on my seatbelt to move the car 10 feet in the driveway because it is habit not conscience thought.