1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to turn off Voice Prompt?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by thatguychristian, Apr 19, 2010.

1. thatguychristian

thatguychristian New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I just got my Prius IV w/ Solar Roof last monday (4/12) from an '08 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo and I'm loving it so far. After I get it tinted, I'll be set.

Anyway - I've searched through all the menus in the unit and in the manual (doesn't really explicitly say it) and I've also done a search in the Gen III forum here and cannot find how to turn off the voice prompt. What I mean is, I would like it if it just "beeped" so I can speak without having to hear her speak her instructions. I know I can interrupt her my pressing the button again, but is there anyway/a setting to prevent her from talking/giving instructions?

Thanks in advance!
    Christian

2. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Press the button twice in a row, and don't forget to eat all your vegetables!

3. shaun5stu

shaun5stu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I forget the exact sequence of steps, but there is a away to do it. I configured mine that way. If I recall, hit the Setup button, then choose Voice. One of the options there lets you turn it off. It will work exactly like you want - it will beep when it wants your input. It will still vocally repeat the command you give it though.