1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to use the buttons at the top of the page

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jkash, May 27, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny, or anyone else who knows, I have yet been able to figure out how to use the bold, italic, underline, URL, etc. buttons at the top of the page when you post. I am a Mac user running Safari in OS X 10.28.

Jeff

2. eg239

eg239 New Member

Choose the button you want to use and type in the text between them. It will look like this:

text

That will get you bold.

Alternately, I think you can highlight the text and select the button. That should open and close the BBCode.

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    And once you get used to the various codes for bold, underline, etc, you can just type them in by hand without using the buttons.

Bookrats (Jeff) is the king of using the List BBCode, so if he has anything to add I'm sure it will be useful.

eg239, I never knew about the highlight/select alternative. Thanks for pointing that out!

4. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    The buttons don't seem to do anything; I have a suspicion that they are connected to Javascript and are a waste of space if you don't have scripting (in which case why aren't they written by script so the rest of us don't have to see them?).

However, you should see a paragraph headed "Options" which contains a link to BBCode. Bring this link up somewhere (or print it out for reference). One thing that's not there is the list of available smileys. Some are obvious:

;) = ;)
    :) = :)
    :( = :(

some less so, but can be picked up by quoting messages that contain them.

:lol: = :lol:

Anyone have the full list?

(Later: I worked it out: follow the link to "View more Emoticons" and look at the URLs of the links)