1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This might be a good spot for those of you good at working on the cars yourselves. If there is already a "how to" section I apologize. I just bought my 2005 and it didn't come with an owner's manual. Can someone tell me how to change the cabin air filter (my car smells a little like a cat box) and I have been told this is the problem. Is this something easy or should I take it in? Also, at a half full tank, my fuel guage started blinking. Is this normal? It stayed on until I turned the car off. I 'd say it blinked for about 30 minutes.

2. Sp33dy_gr33n

Sp33dy_gr33n New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can get the owner's manual directly from Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories. If you click on the "owners" button on the toyota website and register, you can review the manual online. Make sure you have your Prius VIN before you start.

3. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks! I just got back Friday from picking it up; I"ll check it out online and order one too.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. Bear68

Bear68 Member

Changing the cabin filter is simplicity itself.... Just open the lower glove box and reach on the right side and release the plastic shock absorber type device. Then grasp each side of the glove box and flex them in towards the center and pull it towards you. Once the box is opened far enough, reach behind it and you can remove the cover for the filter. Pull the little drawer out and swap the element. Reinstall in the reverse manner. You might also want to check your local parts store for a deodorizing spray and give the new filter a good spritz or two. The fan will blow the deodorizer through the system to freshen the whole thing.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fuel gauge shouldn't be blinking at half tank (i.e. all 5 pips were blinking??)

Get that checked! :)