1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

howdy all...another newbie owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amtrak115, Nov 2, 2006.

1. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hello all,

Picked up my "new" '06 Barcelona Red Prius (Package #8)a week ago yesterday. After looking at them for over a year...Everytime i'd take my Tundra in for its' oil change, I decided it was time. Got it $100 over invoice including a "special" dealer maintenance package estimated at $1500. I currently live in Manassas, VA and have a 80-90 mile commute round trip. Believe me i see the difference....Tundra fillup...$55...Prius fillup $13. Am currently getting 49.7 mpg...not bad....Tomorrow I'm getting a VentureShield Clear Bra put on it and am thinking about the BT Tech plate and Sharkfin antenna mods in the future...

well that's all for now...(I'll try and get some pictures of my new baby this weekend and post them)..

Later

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats, Amtrak and welcome to Priuschat!!

Of course, many of us here really like to hear when a large vehicle is replaced with a more responsible commuter vehicle.

Coming from the Tundra to the Prius, please tell me this: Do you haul things often? Were you weary about the Prius due to reduced hauling and towing capabilities? Were you surprised that the Prius really has so much room inside?

I ask because we hear a lot of people saying that they keep their large trucks because they just might - once or twice a year - have the need to haul or tow something. Right now, you're in a perfect position to talk about that.

I said congrats, right? :D

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    WELCOME Amtrak!!

thats very good mileage so early on in you ownership experience. As you learn to drive the Pruis, with more experience, and as the car itself "breaks in" you will see an improvement in that mileage. So Enjoy!!! the Prius really put the FUN back in driving for me !!!! B)

4. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry to dissappoint...but I did keep my Tundra. I'm in the process of moving from Texas to Northern Virginia, and I still have to make 2/3 runs to the Dallas Fort Worth Area to pick some of my "Stuff" and haul it back here. After seeing the roominess of the Prius, I thought about trading the Tundra in, but it just wasn't in the cards yet. My Tundra (2003 Stepside extended Cab) is going to be making one of those trips come Thanksgiving. While I'll pay more in Gas for the roughly 3000 mile round trip, I'll be able to fit some furniture in the bed of the truck that I couldn't in the prius.

Anyway thanks for the welcome...

later

PS...My other car (My wife's car) is a JAG....big decision coming up...which will go....The Tundra or the XJ8.....I think I'm going to loose that one..oh well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 2 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]342989[/snapback]</div>