1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How's the aftermarket world for the Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by See It In Horse Power, Apr 20, 2007.

1. See It In Horse Power

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm considering unloading my m3... it's a sexy car but i don't need all the power really... and the every-other-day fill-ups with premium is killing me... so i'm thinking of going to a prius but i'd want to put on some aftermarket wheels, a body kit, etc.. make it look sportier... what's available right now so i can see if this is going to suit me best... honestly i'd like to make the prius NOT look like a prius... is this doable?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    George Barris made some changes, but to the exterior only. I saw it at the Peterson Automotive Museum and it doesn't look any better in real life than in the pictures (IMHO).

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SIIHP @ Apr 20 2007, 08:30 AM) [snapback]426741[/snapback]</div>

Check out Sigma or Carson. You'll find handling and aesthetic pieces.

4. B Rad

B Rad New Member

[attachmentid=7570]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SIIHP @ Apr 20 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]426741[/snapback]</div>
    I think a Prius will always look like a Prius. Part of the appeal is that is does not look like every other car on the road...Mine has a body side molding, metalic tint, mud flaps, Custom seat covers, Falcon 205/45-17 tires mounted on Centerline wheels....

Attached Files:

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SIIHP @ Apr 20 2007, 08:30 AM) [snapback]426741[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure aftermarket rims aren't an issue, it's just whatever fits your taste.

There are JDM bodykits available. Modellista is one of them. As Presto said, you can get them via Sigma Automotive or Carson Toyota. Both source their inventory from Japan so if it's not in stock, you'll have to wait for shipment.

You can add a sharkfin antenna from this site's shop to replace the whip antenna.

Can't do anything about the lights (front or rear) since I've yet to see anyone change it. You don't really need to since you have HIDs (if you're in the States) up front and LEDs at the back. If you're in Canada (and it seems like you are), then just do a headlight swap from a US Prius (since adding a kit will produce quite a bit of glare cause our headlight housing is so large compared to those RSXs and Echo Hatchbacks that I've seen with HID kits).

Umm.. you can add HID kits to the foglights with no glare issues.

TRD/Sportivo suspension bits are also available if you'd like to stiffen up.

A BT stiffening brace is highly recommended if you want to improve the handling since the stock one is rather weak.

Lastly there are strut tower braces but I'm not sure how effective they are.

Hope that helps.

6. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

I have not seen a modded prius to this day. I wonder if there's no market for it, or is it just wide open?

7. Squint

Squint New Member

There's more aftermarket potential for the Camry hybrid because of the aftermarket market for the non-hybrid Camry.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clintd555 @ Apr 20 2007, 03:20 PM) [snapback]427022[/snapback]</div>
    b/c none of the parts are USDM. They're all from Japan. (i.e. TRD USA provides nothing)

9. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

I would imagine there's lots of after market items for the Hybrid Civic as well...

10. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm gonna buy a coffee can or dual tip to my exhaust. Just because it would be funny. Imagine this: http://www.autobarn.net/xxxpm567.html sticking out of a Prius...

The touring model also has different wheels and a longer (wooooo! ;) ) rear wing.

Poke around on this site and you'll find some things. Most of the mods are not visible ones, but things like an EV switch, BT plate and other interior mods.

Another thing I've noticed is that a good place to find mods is to look in peoples sigs. :)

11. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah, if you hate the looks of the Prius that much you might be better suited getting into a Civic hybrid as somebody else mentioned. Since the hybrid is on the same platform as the standard Civic you would have a much easier time "pimping it", if you will.
    I don't think there is a big market for body kits for the Prius mainly because anything you would add would likely compromise the mileage.

12. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

There's actually quite a bit of stuff. Check out my links in my signature to see what I've done and what is available.

There's also a pretty nice body kit available.

Attached Files: