1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hp ipaq 6315

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chibigreen, Mar 23, 2005.

1. chibigreen

chibigreen New Member

Has anybody tried the HP Ipaq 6315 with the Prius? I ordered my car and want to combine my PDA and Phone and camera and have internet functionality via 802.11? Is there another phone that has these features?

2. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the h6315 and am waiting for the latest patch from HP which supposedly fixes the nasty bluetooth drop-off problem. I never paired my h6315 w/ the Prius. I have been using Logitech BT Mobile Freedom headset.

Sorry, wish that I could be more helpful. Oh, but the ProClip works wonder for both the h6315 & the Prius.

3. Scott_W

Scott_W New Member

The HP does work but its tricky. I use one and for the most part like it. Generally speaking it works well. (Note the cavat below) If you do get one order a extended battery. It makes a world of difference. If you have the extra cup option the shape was designed for a Pocket PC. It's really a nice feature. Anyway, turn on the Prius bluetooth transmitter and get the code. Then when scanning under hands free in the 6315 bluetooth's establish new connections section either press on the icon that appears or in the blank space when it doesn't and uncheck the box that comes up. When it "sees' the connection add the prius bluetooth code. There are better instructions on this site someplace but I seem to recall that was the gist of it. Speaking of the 6315 does anyone elses erase its entire memory contents when you take out the sym card to use in another phone. It's most annoying to say the least.