1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Huckabee on MTP

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by livelychick, Jan 29, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Okay, so looks like there's another Repub with his hat in the ring now. Huckabee, ex-guv of Arkansas, announced his intent on MTP yesterday morning.

I listened to him, and frankly, I agreed with much of what he said--particularly on education, freedom of religion, and environmental stewardship. He did a few sidesteps that were fairly obvious on Bush, the war, etc., (and Russert nailed him with other questions, then let him complete his maneuvers), but, if the guy were being HONEST, he had some good things to say. At one point, he lied straight to Russert's face on an abortion question (he had the classic down-to-the-right glance), but I'm okay with a little dishonesty in politics. I don't like his views on gay rights (even though his is the first opposing opinion on gay marriage that I've UNDERSTOOD) or abortion, but those are SUCH wedge issues that I'm not surprised and am not going to comment on them.

Is anyone from Arkansas? What's your experience been under his leadership?

And for everyone else, did you catch the episode? Whadidyathink?