1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. JaneTrix

JaneTrix New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Where you normally see the speed and your total mileage in a 2008 Prius it almost seams like it is cloudy or as if moisture has gotten in as it appears cloudy.

Has any one else had this or knows the correct term for this display unit so i can do a little bit more research in to it

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not really a HUD, but a mirror that reflects the speed info etc so you can see it. If the dirt is on the outside, take a soft cloth, and try to brush the cover plate located on the dash, way up towards the front. do not apply excessive pressure. If the dirt is inside, well a more experienced user needs to assist, or a trip to the dealer. Getting the unit out to clean takes a little work!

3. JaneTrix

JaneTrix New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was thinking it was a mirror that displayed the details. I have tried cleaning it in the garage let me park it out side in the light and clean both the mirror and the display and see if it go's away.

PS I know its not a true HUD but what do you think the correct term would be

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah I once had dirt on the mirror and thought it was on the front of the display. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't go away no matter how much I cleaned the display. :p. Then I figured out where the mirror was and gave that a clean, fix it straight up. :)