1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hud

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by lunabelgium, Oct 23, 2009.

1. lunabelgium

lunabelgium Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do Prius for the American market have 'HUD' ?

European one have that system : technology which projects information on the windshield: speed of the vehicle, mode of propulsion and data of navigation.

La nouvelle Toyota Prius 2009

2. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm i the UK.

Do you mean speed and the long horizontal bar.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tease the yanks about this, they don't get it on any trim level.

1 person likes this.
  4. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota thinks the American market doesn't deserve cool stuff, that we'll accept anything they give us, so you guys get the good stuff, we get the leftovers. Toyota in the US needs to work on their dealership network and what options they give us, if they ever want to be customer based, instead of how much can we fleece the customer car company.

5. spinkao

spinkao New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is something which puzzles me really. I cannot imagine why on Earth they don't offer the same trim levels all around the globe? We get the HUD even on the cheapest models, it is *standard* feature here in Europe. You guys from the other side of the pond get your cars so much cheaper than us, but it would still make sense to offer the HUD at least as an additional feature (for additional payment)? I am sure quite a few people would buy it. Also, we can get solar roof+technology packet together; I don't understand why you guys can not (at least that is what I heard).

The US is by far the most important market for any car maker; I would think that they would offer all the features they can think of here, as surely lot of people would *pay* for it. That's strange...

1 person likes this.
  6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The auto market in the U.S. is considered more price sensitive than that in Europe, so European cars tend to get cooler features at a higher price. In the U.S., Toyota reserves some of these features for its luxury brand, Lexus.

Tom