1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Huell Howser rides in solar-powered plug-in Prius.

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    On Huell Howser's California's Gold last night, Huell rode in a plug-in Prius, owned by PG&E, that is charged by tapping into PG&E's desert solar farm in Sonoma, CA. (more pics and info on the second post in the thread, including a water treatment plant in Chino, CA that generates it's electricity from methane from cow manure).

(you can barely see it, but in the background you can see one of three fields that comprise the solar farm)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Rybold

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    More images:
    (The last three images are from a water treatment plant in Chino, CA that generates its electricity from methane gas from cow manure) ("New from Toyota! It's the Cow Manure Powered Prius!" LOL.)

Attached Files:

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Howser's PBS show has quite a history in California. Been most everywhere, but attempts to convince him and the crew to climb Mt. Whitney have been unsuccessful so far :)

Totally OT I know. We could talk about the Chino methane plant instead - have you driven by Rybold? It has a distinctive aroma. Kinda like the central valley, with apologies to my Fresno friends.

4. Rybold

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ahhhh, yes. I've definitely seen (and smelled) those cattle ranches. It doesn't bother me at all - it's natural. I'd much rather have the smell of a farm around me than the smell of the exhaust from a diesel bus in the middle of Los Angeles.