1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hugo Chavez, The man behind Citgo

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 28, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I bet alot of people didnt realize Hugo Chavez is the man behind Citgo Gas...

Per Orlando based News 13:
    News stemming from Hugo chavez crack at the president & the US. state goverments are looking into canceling cotracts with chavez'z Citgo gas co.
    And boycotting their products. Only 20% of Venezuelian gas is sold to the US.

State Representative Adam Hasner is pushing for the plan due to the current conflict between Venezuela and the United States.

Florida isn't the only state considering removing Citgo. One notable push is being made by a city council member in Boston to get rid of the huge Citgo sign that can be seen in the backdrop behind the Green Monster at Fenway Park, which is home of the Boston Red Sox.
    http://www.cfnews13.com/StoryHeadline.aspx?id=18936

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005969.htm

Im hearing on the news stations, everyone is boycotting Citgo gas as its supply of gas comes from Venezuela and part of the proceeds end up in Hugo Chavez pockets..

http://www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO/PDVSAprofile.jsp

republicans, democrats & independents have all taken offence to Hugo Chavez's statments towards the U.S. .

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 28 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]325373[/snapback]</div>
    I hope charlie rangel is the only guy buying his gas at citgo - i for one and my wife and the three children of mine who are driving are staying far away.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 28 2006, 07:03 PM) [snapback]325383[/snapback]</div>
    Welp . . . Actually, Charlie ripped on Hugo too. :eek:
    Click on (Watch Rangel rip Chavez -- 1:28 ) in the third paragraph. http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/21/chavez.ny/

4. Abq Richard

Abq Richard New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The obsession of the Bushies with Chavez just shows their hypocracy. The neocons always talking about democracy. Well, Chavez is the elected President of Venezuala, and he was elected not once, but twice if you count the recall election. The guy is something of a loose cannon, obviously, but at least he is doing positive things for the poor of his country, which is more than can be said for his predecessors. And judging by the reaction he got to his UN speech, he is not the only world leader who has that opinion of Bush.

I buy gas at 7/11s, the Citgo distributor in NM, at least for a few more months.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abqrichard @ Sep 28 2006, 11:31 PM) [snapback]325439[/snapback]</div>
    ...or his U.S. counterpart.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abqrichard @ Sep 29 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]325439[/snapback]</div>
    Its sad to see your still buying your gas there, I seem to recall only the extreme lefts & rights or those who just dont care, may still be buying their gas.. so its not just the neocons, I guess if im a Neocon and you all certainly like to call people names .. I guess that would make the EXTREME Lefties "DECEPTICONS" as they go through thier life spreading new world order distrust & deception if your not with them your against them and your labled a NEOCON.. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

7. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    One of the great things about NJ is all the off-brand gas stations we have ... Jersey Gas, Raceway, Delta, etc. So I can avoid obviously lining the pockets of Exxon/Mobil, Hugo Chavez, etc.

Of course the flip side of that is I don't know who provides these no-names with their gas in the first place.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(abqrichard @ Sep 29 2006, 12:31 AM) [snapback]325439[/snapback]</div>
    you may want to test the accuracy of that election where there were 30,000 voters over the age of 100 not to mention 100's of thousands dead people and mcdonalds voting - something akin of what we call a "chicago" election.

i could not care less about him or his country - i will not support him with my money - you can if you want to.

you must like bush too because he is doing + things for his country.

let me ask a hypothetical - was hitler a good president of germany - he cured his country of inflation and unemployment to name a few good things he did?

9. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I suspect that there's minimal connection between the owner or brand name of a gas station and the source(s) of the oil that go into the gas at that station, with the world market juggling shipments to minimize shipping distances by meeting demand from the nearest supply, both well-to-refinery and refinery-to-gas-station.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 29 2006, 06:19 AM) [snapback]325487[/snapback]</div>
    Ah, now I understand why you like Bush so much. :rolleyes:

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Sep 29 2006, 10:41 AM) [snapback]325562[/snapback]</div>
    i do not like him - i respect what he is doing.

how about my question above about hitler being a good president??

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 28 2006, 09:46 PM) [snapback]325373[/snapback]</div>
    here is the translation of an article from the Venezuala News - a recent article. I will let you, as always, reach your own conclusions:

Zionists, the destructive sect of radical Jews, are again impregnating the Jewish community with its animosity towards humanity. The genocide they executed in Palestine and Lebanon is similar to the Holocaust which the Nazis executed against them, and they will undergo another Holocaust because of the global hatred they are accumulating. If the Jews have charged the Nazis for their victims, they will have to pay Lebanon for their killings. The Jewish race is condemned to disappear, because if they continue marrying among themselves they will continue to degenerate; if they open their marriages they will racially dilute themselves, so they only recourse is to stay united, to provoke wars,and auto-genocides.

Possibly, we’ll have to expel them from the country, as other nations have done, which is the reason that Jews remain in a continuous state of stateless exodus, and it is why in 1948 they invaded Palestine, guided by Albion. Will global justice allow the United States, England, and Israel to destroy the Middle East to take over its oil? Only the union of its people will save them.

13. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We havn't any Citgo stations in my area, so I'm not buying gas from Chavez, - or am I (and you)??? Does crude only go to refineries selling one brand of petro? Does Citgo gas only come from Citgo refineries? Does Citgo even have their own refinery? And of course these same questions can apply to any other brand. The fact is, in my area, there two refineries (Ashland and Koch), anyone ever seen either of these brands of refined gas? The fact is, these two refineries supply EVERY brand of gas be it BP, Exxon, Superamerica (local brand in the midwest), etc. the difference is in the additives which are added when loaded on the trucks for delivery. There was a very good show about this on one the the "Modern Marvels" episodes that the History Channel runs, if you ever get a chance to see, it's a worthwhile view.

In fact, the vast majority of gas that goes through our Prius comes from Canada, being in Minnesota and all :) . But the real question is, which is worse, buying oil from Hugo Chavez who says noughty and insulting things about our leaders, or buying oil from the mideast where some of the profits go to kill and wound our GI's? I for one would prefer not to buy from either, that's my position and I'm sticking to it, so there... :D

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 29 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]325660[/snapback]</div>
    I recieved this from an employee I thought it goes along with your post. (hes pretty well versed in the religion dept).

This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. :mellow:

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible) :eek:
    Koran (9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.[​IMG]

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 29 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]325788[/snapback]</div>
    A mayor of New Orleans once remarked that the eagle is a poor choice for a national symbol. It's regarded as a brave bird, but is in fact a coward who cuts and runs:

Put an eagle on a railroad track and let a train come, and what does that eagle do? He flies away. But if you put a crawfish on a railroad track, he stands his ground. The crawfish is a much more apt symbol of bravery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 29 2006, 11:21 AM) [snapback]325660[/snapback]</div>
    Do you have a link to Chavez's original words in Spanish? I'd like to see if this is genuine.

16. jialpa

jialpa New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Why is it brave to get run over by a train?

17. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ben Franklin wanted the Turkey as our national symbol. Sad part about the whole mess is that Hugo Chavez is an idiot, same as GWB is, but Hugo is correct to name GWB a satan, because he is pretty close to one. As far as the eagle stuff goes, the eagle is definitely not the US, because we will never bring peace to the Middle East.

18. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    "Citgo Petroleum, the Houston-based subsidiary of Venezuela's state oil company, provided $100 million of free heating oil in the 2007-08 winter to residents in 23 states, including 65 Indian tribes, said Brian O'Connor, a spokesman for Citizens Energy."
    Venezuela's Chávez shuts off free oil program for US poor | csmonitor.com
    Citgo resumes oil donations for the poor - BostonHerald.com

"The Venezuelan leader, a fierce critic of Bush, spoke just hours after Venezuela's Citgo Petroleum Corp. pledged a US$1 million (euro820,000) donation for hurricane aid, and after his government offered humanitarian workers and fuel to help.
    "It's a terrible tragedy that our North American brothers are living through," Chavez said. "We have a battalion from our Simon Bolivar humanitarian team ready in case they authorize it for us to go there, if they give us the green light."
    He said Citgo was already giving aid to some 2,000 flood victims in the area of its refinery in Lake Charles, Louisiana. "We have given US$1 million (euro820,000), a modest sum," he said."
    Chavez Criticizes U.S. Response to Katrina