1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hummers coming to UK...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Guardian (London) reports today that new rt-hand drive Hummers are being brought to the UK from South Africa.
    Coming to a street near you: 2.2 tonnes of Hummer (grenade gearstick optional)
    Guardian, Saturday March 31 2007
    Martin Wainwright
    Just when you thought the clumsy, fuel-hungry army of Chelsea tractors was reeling from higher taxes and social embarrassment, an even bigger monster is about to invade Britain's streets. General Motors has decided to launch a right-hand drive version of the American military's favourite vehicle, the Hummer, targeting UK consumers who want something large, different or just (...)

(...) launch a right-hand drive version of the American military's favourite vehicle, the Hummer, targeting UK consumers who want something large, different or just well-armoured. (...)

See http://environment.guardian.co.uk/travel/s...2047003,00.html

Also in the Guardian today is a response to an editorial yesterday:

Your leader (In praise of... green cars, March 30) was rather grudging and downbeat. My Prius hybrid is the best car I've had, eg better than an Audi A4.
    Professor Peter Harvey
    Durham

2. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The Hummer's not a large production car but I really can't see it doing well in Europe. It's got a lot of baggage associated with it and it would cost a fortune to run over there. Hopefully, it'll go over like a lead zeppelin.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm wondering how man Brits will be too smart to buy them. It will be interesting to see how GM Hummer sales do in the U.K.

If they tank.....well then....

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Mar 31 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]415629[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure there will be some rich brits with small you know wots.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I remember Jeremy Clarkson driving the H2 through one of those villages. Let's just say, he became the traffic policeman for the day.

I guess GM's running out of buyers so they're trying new countries lol. At this year's auto show, there was only the H3 on display. Along with an Escalade with 22" rims.

6. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Didn't they discontinue the H2?

7. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Some people with $$$$ buy the H1 Alpha for it off road abilities and that is were they use it. The H1 has some very impressive specs off road but most people cannot afford the 134k+ (us) price tag.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Apr 1 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]416133[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.hummer.com/

You can order what ever you want. Myself if I had the money would get the H1 open top to get out to some really good camping spots and what not. right now me and a friend use his old cj7.

8. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Mar 31 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]415615[/snapback]</div>
    ...[​IMG]

Butthead: ah, ah, Ah, AH!

Bevis: Kewl!!!

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius