1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Humu-Nu is home

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Allen, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, kids, it's true what those who got their Prii were telling us. This car is really remarkable, capable and fun to drive. We just sailed into Seattle after a lovely 3hour trip from Moses Lake picking up Humu-Nu, my Blue Prius.
    We averaged 46.5 mpg for the three hour trip. Still trying to figure out all the little quirks. Our 15 year old son read the owner's manual to me as we drove along, and played with the various settings.
    The car is even prettier than I imagined, having only seen one up close a few times.
    For those of you on the list still waiting and who might be tired of and discoraged by all the accounts of people driving their new Prii, hang in there. You have my support, empathy and admiration since many of you have been waiting for ages. This car is truly cutting edge technology. You won't believe how you "reassess" the highway scene while driving a Prius.
    Take care
    Bob

2. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

Hey, congratulations! I picked up mine today too. (See my Cubs tickets or Prius post for details.)

Danny wanted to know if everyone in Chicago was named Jim. I want to know if everone who picked up their Prius today took their 15 year old son with.

Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine.

Jim

3. Dianne

Dianne New Member

OooOO ouch! I have a 13.5 yr old son and it may be when he is 15 that I finally get my own! ;>

Congratulations Bob!!

Dianne

4. johnp

johnp New Member

Congratulations Bob, Glad you had a good trip. I think you'll be delighted with this car. The Seaside Pearl looks great with the Ivory interior. Yours was the first Seaside I had seen. Be sure to post photos when you get some art on it.

John

5. xlarimer

xlarimer New Member

HEY... HEY... HEEEEEEYYYY...

I did the SAME trip as Bob to Seattle and I only averaged 41.5! And he had two people in his car. I am going to blame the Nav Lady trying to make me take side streets all the time.

(BTW, Tell your son the Navigation isn't all that. My friends Infiniti FX45 is 1000 times better at accuracy in routing, has a better voice, and a 3D-like system that I think Toyota should adopt.)

Either that or it was the 82-87 MPH that I was pulling up Snoqualomie. Anyone that says that this car doesn't have power needs to have their head examined.

Xo

6. Joel

Joel New Member

Kinda like the humu-humu-apu'a-ah? :p

7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius