1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hurricanes and the prius in miami

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CiXeL, Jun 3, 2007.

1. CiXeL

CiXeL New Member

I'm looking to get a prius to replace my 2000 mitsubishi montero sport but i have a few questions.

in '05 katrina flooded homestead, florida.
    alot of the new complexes parkinglots got flooded. would this be the death of a prius? would it 'brick' the car?

also how does it handle large puddles which form often in intersections during rainstorms out here.

i drive an hour and a half to work one way twice a day from homestead to miami beach so i would save a mountain of money on gas.

another thing im concerned about is lots of debris on the turnpike. FHP prefers to let people break debris up with their cars than stop traffic and move it off the road. its the 4.5 inch clearance under the prius that makes me a little nervous. i suppose i could get better insurance coverage to compensate.

anyone considered raising a prius to allow more clearance?

anyone else down here in miami have a prius and deal with the obstacles down here?

im considering very soon renting a prius from one of the local dealerships to test it out.

2. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CiXeL @ Jun 3 2007, 04:44 PM) [snapback]454542[/snapback]</div>
    Hey! Another Prius! *waves* (ala Larry David).

I'm in miami too, I ordered my 07 prius and get it on saturday (june 9th). My two friends have priuses as well, years 04 and 05. I will ask them any of these questions for you, as I think they all have been around puddles and stuff themselves.

Anything else you wanna know? as well I can help you find good prices or tell you what prices to look for in miami as well. I know all the dealerships I delt with and can throw you what I used.