1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

husky weatherbeater mats-pics

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by PapaGallo, Oct 3, 2010.

1. PapaGallo

PapaGallo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Just got the husky weatherbeater mats, I decide to go withe husky after reading some of the reviews for the OEM Toyota mats and the weatherteck mats,hopefully these mats
    will do the job, for where I park my car its not paved, its just gravel, and when it rains or snows it gets real muddy

Attached Files:

13 people like this.
  2. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Yeah,the usa Toyota AW mats are no good!!
    These look way better,can you tell me what you paid??
    I need AW mats before winter here in MN!!
    Thanks for the pics.

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do they utilize the factory anchors to prevent them from moving around? Can you snap some pics of how they attach? Thanks...

4. Going Greener

Going Greener Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you. The pics are great.

I just put the same set in our car earlier this week. Maybe yours are black though? I have a dark gray interior and ordered the gray Husky.

I had never seen the Weather Tech or Husky mats in person before this purchase, so I took a risk in buying the lower-cost Husky. I like it so far. I'm not sure how the Weather Tech mats fit, but to me, the Husky is not an "exact" fit as your great pics show, but very close. It's a nick picky observation, but probably has no interference w/function. In some areas, there might be more of the spiky things to hold to the carpeting than necessary, so I was concerned it might scratch some of the soft plastic interior. Just like w/any spiky item, be careful wrestling the large one-piece rear one in.

Overall, I think with the curved edges and the over-the hump rear section, this set will do the job we want to catch dirt & moisture from shoes, and gravy from take-out boxes! For my one light cleaning, I just vacumned and used baby wipes.

Gonna use the $100 saved from buying the Weather Techs to get mudflaps. Our Husky set was from StreetSide Auto.com. $89.98 ($99.98-$10.00 discount), no tax & free shipping.

5. jsmithy

jsmithy Hypermiler and Freedom Lover

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Found coupon code at retailmenot

1 person likes this.
  6. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had a set since the second week I owned the Prius (5 months now). I think they are fantastic, especially since they are half the price of weathertech. In addition, the trunk liner has saved me many times. It can hold a lot of liquid!

7. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Also, I simple green them occasionally and normally just hose them off. They dry very quickly.

8. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The matts look great. Can you explain or take a pick of how they address the hook to keep the mats from moving around.

I really like how high the edges are on all the mats. The Toyota OEM weather mats do not hold any water. The Weather Tech mats are junk. This is a horrible design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They have dozens of small spikes that grab into the carpet. I do not get any movement from mine.

10. PapaGallo

PapaGallo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Attached Files:

11. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    WOW! Looks like the infamous bed of nails! You could use those mats as a deadly weapon!

12. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

13. geeter

geeter Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I too have cut myself while cleaning them. In fact, the backseat one piece mat often doesn't leave the car because of the spikes. I just wipe it down inside the car. It isn't going anywhere.

14. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I drove over to Weathertech this weekend and picked up their All Weather Mats for my new Gen III. They are very similar to the 2006 OEM All Weather Matts, with deep ridges (about 1/4 inch). They must have changed the design since the picture showed in this thread. As my mats do not have the WeatherTech insignia (as is seen in that other picture).

There was also a 10 year Waranty indicated on the placard that came with them. The P/N's were W151 and W85, togehter they were right at $100.00

PapaGallo's mats look to be similar to the WeatherTech DigitalFit mats.

15. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A 1/4 inch rim is very very small. Post pics.

16. PapaGallo

PapaGallo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    here are some pics to give you guys an idea of how deep the sides of the husky mats are.
    the side of the mat( that faces the center console) is a bit smaller, at first I thought
    this was weird until I realized that the is a slight rise on the prius on that side,
    so the water will always run to the side that faces the door.

Attached Files:

17. harry r

harry r slowly turning green

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    well i got the weathertechs a week ago and paid $170. i have to say the ones you bought look very nice, i think they are well bought for almost half the price.

18. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just ordered a set of these for my 3 day old Prius. I've had a set of the WT Digifits in my last 2 cars and was really happy with them but the much lower price and higher edges of the Husky's won me over.

Can't wait to get them, want to keep the carpets clean!

19. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I might order a set. It is snowing a lot in Cleveland this week and my Weather Tech mats are horible.

20. Sporin

Sporin Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine arrived today from AutoAnything and not a moment too soon. The daily snow dustings up here have made for messy rugs. Will do a serious vacuum job tomorrow then get them in.

Quality looks good. Just as heavy as the WT version, but a different texture for sure. And those spikes are sharp! ;)