1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV bat fan relay

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Prius C One, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello all!

I downloaded the dr Prius app, and I do need a battery, but I also have a code for the fan. I tried turning it on with dr Prius and of course, nothing. Can anybody tell me where the relay is physically located? I tried calling a dealer parts department, but their screen didn’t specify and just gave them I list of all the relays.

I am going to replace the fan, battery, and for good measure, I’d like to do the relay as well. Any help would be appreciated! I did try and search.

oh! Also, hello everyone! New Prius owner. 14 Prius c. It’s been interesting so far!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's best to check in your wiring diagram (more info).

If the c is like the Gen 3 liftback, the "batt fan" fuse is in a relay integration module that lives in the underhood fusebox, with a few other fuses in it and the relays built in. You replace that whole module if it's needed.

Again, if it's like the liftback, that's probably the module shown with circled-13 here. But there could be all kind of differences between the liftback and the c, so I would really urge looking in the wiring diagram to be sure.

[​IMG]

It's usually more economical to grab a multimeter and find out what the problem really is, then just fix that.

#2 ChapmanF, Mar 3, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try Hybrid Assistant app... Their fan controller works well, Dr. Prius app, not so much.

4. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    thank you for the recommendation. Is that an android app?

5. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I did find that it has its own fuse for the battery fan. Made a call to a dealer and supposedly SOMEWHERE there is a fan relay. I have found two different possible parts so I will hopefully get a better idea when I can get back to it.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes. And the information to take you from SOMEWHERE to OH, THERE is in the wiring diagram.

7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes... Not sure why they don't do it for Apple too? Doesn't make sense?

8. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One

Yes, and unfortunately I cannot locate a diagram nor a dealer that has been able to send me the pertinent information. Tried a new fuse for giggles but nada. Couldn't find a new blower motor in stock so I have a replacement (used) motor to try. I want to get the fan working before I put a new battery in, but my battery is REALLY close to EOL. I have been using DR. Prius and every time it hits the temp set via temp override, I get P0A84 (of course i also have the P0A80 code for the battery).

No idea; apple is... apple. I think they may even have some kind of legal trouble with regards to their music service recently. Something about a monopoly and not allowing other cheaper sources of music? I can't recall.

9. Prius C One

Prius C One New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hello all! Replaced the fan and it is all set. Thank you for your help!!!