1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HV Control ECU

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by rayrico55, Jun 18, 2010.

1. rayrico55

rayrico55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I replaced the HV Control ECU on my 2007 Prius, because my coding scan read POA1D. Now the lights on the dash all light up, but the Ready light does not come on? Do I need to reprogram the ECU to read the old key? Help! :mad:

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I assume that your car has the Smart Entry / Smart Start system. Insert the fob into the dashboard slot. See if you can make the car READY. If so, leave the car READY for at least 3 seconds.

If you can successfully accomplish the above then the Prius has accepted the new HV ECU.

I'm interested in knowing your car's odometer reading, and whether anything prompted the HV ECU failure or if the failure just happened without any motivating factor that you are aware of.

Good luck.

3. Market05

Market05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is what mine is doing. Will "READY" come on just by putting the fob into the dashboard slot?

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My techinfo dollars have run out until I feed it again, but I'd suggest checking for the procedure in the repair manual.

I do remember from the Gen 1 manual, for that generation if you replaced either the HV or the Immobilizer ECU, you would have to turn the car ON (not READY) and leave it alone for half an hour for the two ECUs to handshake, before it would go ready.

I suppose that would deter a thief from trying to plug in a new immobilizer ECU and having to wait in your driveway for half an hour before the car would start. (I don't suppose it would deter them much from putting your car on a flatbed, then waiting the half hour inside their own chop shop....)

-Chap

5. Market05

Market05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey! Thanks for responding! I had a feeling that might be something I want to try. So, just connect the battery and push the button without pressing the brake and leave it for 30 minutes?