1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid Automotive Prolong Battery Reconditioning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lean on me, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Lean on me

Lean on me New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Greetings, has anyone removed the hv battery service plug prior to charging or reconditioning the hv battery system? Any technical information regarding this particular procedure is welcome. Thanks

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's plenty of YouTube videos about it... You remove the plug to install the prolong wires and you put the plug back in place to charge & balance or discharge. Biggest mistake people make on a Prius is failing to slide/push the plug downwards after putting it in the socket and folding the lever over. This creates a red triangle and error code that have to be cleared with a code reader or disconnecting the 12v for a few minutes.

Lean on me likes this.
  3. Lean on me

Lean on me New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you for the response. What I want to understand is whether the service plug/fuse be plug or unplugged while charging or reconditioning the battery pack? Is there a difference? If so, what is that difference? Thanks

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just read the instructions on hyrbid automotive... Understand how the orange plug disconnects the circuit and the pack. Sounds like your still in the thinking about it rather than installing it stage: Electrical safety | PriusChat

Lean on me likes this.